Kitty Hawk OV-10D Bronco VMO-4

Out2gtcha

Hey Brian,

The tank fins LOOK real and works for me.   I LIKE your pre-shade STYLE and am anxiously awaiting the camo colors.

As far as the Zuni's are concerned, I will look into other load-out options,  Sidewinders on the wings perhaps?  I haven't got that far yet

and may see about putting a PLUG in the Zuni's for length.    

I painted my IP's and put the decals on them and thought about the FLIR CRT having something in it besides a blue screen.

These are the kind of things I run into when I In-flight them. Not sure I'll spend a lot of time worrying over it.

Well gotta get ready for some NEW YEARS DAY BOWL GAMES

watch'in you :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Jack

Short update today...............

Well,

It doesnt look like much atm, but the first color MM Medium Gray (FS35237) or as the KH instructions call it "Blue Gray" is now down:

DSC03867.jpg

DSC03868.jpg

DSC03869.jpg

DSC03870.jpg

I will let this harden off in a heated room, and will apply the green tomorrow.

Till then lads!!

Thanks for the encouragement mates!!  These WIPs on LSP really do keep you motivated with the great people we have on the site.

Oliver,

That color call out if for Testers Model Master line. Model Master is what KH uses throughout their instruction color call-out references

Fantastic work as always Brian! I wish I could find my MV Lenses...

Kev

Kevin Have you tried a Model Rail Road shop in your part of the world?  Greif makes them to.

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?Word=lenses&DisplayMode=images&Dis=2&Sort=std&qid=06H1IOQ&set=1&q=1&Page=1

http://store.spruebrothers.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=lenses&Submit=Search

Cheers

Danny

Thanks Danny. I actually have a stash of MV Lenses, but can't find them!

Kev

Well for tonights update I got all of the masking on for the green, which is a combo of blu-tac, Tamiya tape and painters tape. Id love to say how hard it was to do, and what a @#$ it was to mask this 2nd color, but even in this blur of Tamiya paper tape, and blu-tac, it was like rigging for me; fun in a sick and twisted way. It was interesting to me to try to get things to fully wrap around all of the entities like the two booms, wings, and fuse. I know I kind of over did it on the masking and probably dont need 1/2 of what is on here, but Im also prone to ham-handedness, so I let myself concentrate on not knocking out the pre-shading, and getting the panel shading right.

The masking for the green complete:

DSC03871.jpg

DSC03872.jpg

Model Master FS34102 Medium Green AKA "Hulk Green" going down on the wing tanks. The camera seems to have a bit of trouble picking it up, but the highlights and even pre-shading are actually still visible.......subtle, but definitely visible:

DSC03873.jpg

DSC03874.jpg

Well, it was a long arduous arm twisting (while I held it during painting) paint session, but the green is on and done. Im pretty happy with the results, and as normal, the MM paint went on like a dream, and should be ready for 8000/12000  color sanding tomorrow. It shall remain to be seen if I have done a proper job with the color demarcations for the camo, but tomorrow Ill know. Im pretty happy with how the green overall turned out:

DSC03875.jpg

DSC03876.jpg

DSC03877.jpg

DSC03878.jpg

DSC03879.jpg

Well,

Ill let this all harden off in the heat room tonight and let it cure, then tomorrow will remove the blu-tac and tape, and see how much if any touchups I have to do. I'll then see if I can get down to color sanding for the dark gray.

Cheers to all and a great start to the new year!!!!