Tamiya 1/32 F4U - 1A now available in Toronto

ironman1945

I just came back from the Ajax show in Toronto and snagged one! The show was a great time and the kit looks great. Can't wait to start it and I also can't wait to see how you do yours, John.

Rich

Edited by berneckir

I'm not complaining but I just wonder why Canada seems to always be the first to receive the new release Tamiya kits. HLJ likely won't get theirs until the end of November.

We get everything else late, or very late, so the one big Tamiya release every couple of years really doesn't make up for it...

I'm not complaining but I just wonder why Canada seems to always be the first to receive the new release Tamiya kits. HLJ likely won't get theirs until the end of November.

The reason has been posted in just about every new Tamiya release thread since the 1:48 Fi-156. The Canadian distributor pays for air service. The importer, Borgfelt, doesn't want to lose sales of hot releases to overseas, and or discount retail outlets. So they pay extra and get them sooner. However quantities are limited and stock of the new corsair is already low, demand has been high.

It doesn't really matter does it, John? ... At the end of the day, I'm sure Tamiya will recognise the popularity of this edition and supply enough worldwide to satisfy demand - whenever they arrive ... as for me ... I'll be waiting a good 6-12 months for the initial crush to die down and the inevitable price drop - before purchasing via Hong Kong or Japan ...

Even with shipping charges included I'm getting the Tamiya or Hasegawa kits anywhere 10-25% cheaper than I can from here in Australia!!

I know you've been hanging out for this kit John :D ... I wish you the very best enjoyment out of them!!

Rog :)

The reason has been posted in just about every new Tamiya release thread since the 1:48 Fi-156. The Canadian distributor pays for air service. The importer, Borgfelt, doesn't want to lose sales of hot releases to overseas, and or discount retail outlets. So they pay extra and get them sooner. However quantities are limited and stock of the new corsair is already low, demand has been high.

That must be one hell of a good air service given HLJ is about 50Km from the Tamiya factory and they wont have theres for at least a few weeks more!

Half way round the world versus half an hour by truck.

Doubt very much it has anything to do with airfreight if two companies within thirty minutes by car are getting there kits weeks after somewhere on the other side of the world.

More like Tamiya are holding back local deliveries to protect foreign distributors.

I have a vague recollection that the same thing happened with the last Corsair from Tamiya. The "export edition" with the clear engine cowl was released and dispatched before the "Japanese market" kit (without clear engine cowls) was released. It may be something to do with the packaging: they do one type of boxing first and then do the other. 

Radu 

That must be one hell of a good air service given HLJ is about 50Km from the Tamiya factory and they wont have theres for at least a few weeks more!

Half way round the world versus half an hour by truck.

Doubt very much it has anything to do with airfreight if two companies within thirty minutes by car are getting there kits weeks after somewhere on the other side of the world.

More like Tamiya are holding back local deliveries to protect foreign distributors.

Tamiya production factory are located in Philippines, no? that can be seen on the F4U-1 package...