Airfix 1/24 Typhoon inbox review

Sparzanza

Got my replacement canopy parts today. After being impressed with the speedy dispatch of the parts, I was quickly brought back down to Earth after inspecting the parts. No crack (yay) but distortion still as bad and the general appearance is worse. Looks like a badly dipped effort. Terrible. Came in a sealed bag so no checking has been done on Airfix's part. Unbelievable. Will be sending another complaint email.

Yes that is the Machine I am talking about Tim. Maverick valves Bv

Hope some one brings out a fac form canopy well we see what the after market will come up with.

Johan

Yep,I've got the dimple, AND the front middle wind screen distortion. I reckon a careful touch with a Dremell, and then a bit of 400/800 grit paper(gentle mind),followed by some soft wire wool,  and then a nice buff up with some quality tooth paste should be OK'ish.

So at least I'll get my moneys worth out of the kit.

Thanks Airfix !!

Email I received.

Problem was only found after the mould inspection when the clear sprue had been standing for several days.

The sprue feed was changed to eliminate this problem.

Would seem that some incorrect parts have slipped through.

We are awaiting shipment of these sprue's we anticipate these arriving for despatch on Monday 4th of August

Once again sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

Airfix spares.

Maybe the replacement replacements will be ok..... :)

Email I received.

Problem was only found after the mould inspection when the clear sprue had been standing for several days.

Would seem that some incorrect parts have slipped through.

We are awaiting shipment of these sprue's we anticipate these arriving for despatch on Monday 4th of August

Regards

Airfix spares.

Maybe the replacement replacements will be ok..... :)

Yep, like wise.

So far this superkit has been compressed into canopygate (pun very much indented). What about the overall detail of the kit?

How did they do the engine, the radiator bit?

Cees

Superb detail, one of the best and I suppose that is why the canopy issue can be so frustrating.  To me it looks up there close to Tamiya quality detail perhaps as good or even better.

However, at least Airfix's aftersales is second to none and we know they will sort it...

I've just got another e mail from Airfix (Wed 6th Aug) in reply to my email about the replacement canopies which arrived crack free but still with the distorted section:

We are very sorry you have experienced problems with the product A19002.

The problem with the Q sprue, is not common to all the kits.

We have been awaiting shipment of these sprue's which have now arrived and are being packed for despatch 6th August.

Cheers

Dennis