Airfix 1/24 Typhoon inbox review

Sparzanza

The first thing that turned me off a little was the usual "where are you going to put it?"

If its too big don't buy it!

:)

Yawn...used to hearing it :evil_laugh: :ninja:

I refuse not to swing for the fence with a full toss like that!

Matty

Nice kit...But I think Airfix will be busy replacing canopies for a while..The distortion in the main canopy is unfortunately not a "one off" as Phil hopefully voiced..It is numerous..two blokes I know have the kit in hand and both have issues with distortion in them. This flaw might be only in the early run of kits and was caught.. or it may have showed up later and not been caught yet. don't know.

It is a benchmark kit for Airfix,and an absolute must have for any and all aircraft modelers out there.will have mine next week,and really looking forward to getting stuck in.

Edited by williamj

I watched it start to end and every time he grabbed that knife to open a bag I was waiting for a finger to drop to the ground.....

:evil_laugh:

I cannot follow this thread because I may surrender and buy the kit.

Jozef

Hi guys,

just a heads up to say 'Yes' Airfix has a problem with they're Canopy Mould. I to had a large dimple in the Canopy as do Six other people I know that have bought it. plus mine has a small crack where it joins the Sprue. Emails have been sent and we now await a reply.

AndyF.

Hi guys,

just a heads up to say 'Yes' Airfix has a problem with they're Canopy Mould. I to had a large dimple in the Canopy as do Six other people I know that have bought it. plus mine has a small crack where it joins the Sprue. Emails have been sent and we now await a reply.

AndyF.

Yup mine is the same. The rest of the kit is amazing. Well there you go , something for the aftermarket guys , a Vac formed canopy!

Yup mine is the same. The rest of the kit is amazing. Well there you go , something for the aftermarket guys , a Vac formed canopy!

I'd disagree; with a brand new kit, a properly formed, and distortion free canopy should be mandatory, not an open door to AM producers.

So far an acknowledgement form Airfix which is great but no further news. Suspect that they're busy rectifying the part for mass production. I guess the bonus is that the kit can essentially be completed before needing the required bit.

Resin canopy anyone?

Indeed i was joking.

Yep, I jumped the gun; sorry about that. I've been looking forward to this kit since day one, and to discover that their QC folks may have dropped the ball (or are ignoring the flaw), is a tremendous letdown.

Sl if some kits are not showing this, does it mean that it's a mould release timing issue.ie too early whilst the parts still too warm. Surely the error wouldn't be I the production of mould itself. It's actually quite a fine piece with the exception of the droop ad it's nice to see no seam down the middle.

HOH might be onto the case soon after the release of their canopy for the me 163