F-100F, Fast FAC, "Misty FAC": Updated 9/1

Barry

Would there be any possibility that you could make your canopy master available so some of us could get a copy of it? I would really like to do the F-100F as would some others here would and as you have shown it's possible with two kits. I like very much what you have completed so far and look forward to seeing more.

On 5/8/2014 at 11:18 PM, Magic Mike said:

Is there a build thread somewhere showing how you did the fuselage and such?. Looking at the pics here it lookalike a simple process...

MM

Mike,

Here are some photos that show where the cuts were made. Hope these will be helpful.

PB280004M_zpsa2a75f5d.jpg

PB200004M_zps91f53a05.jpg

PA010004M_zps441b7a25.jpg

Edited by Barry

I had not considered any type of commercial conversion kit. :hmmm: I will be lucky to finish it in time to make the cut. :tumble:

Barry

Edited by Barry

Along with the lengthening of the fuselage came the intake trunking and new bulkheads.

PB2000012.jpg

PB200017.jpg

PB200016.jpg

PB200015.jpg

PB200013.jpg

In all fairness these pictures are of work previously accomplished but I'm getting closer to "new" work on the build.

Barry

Thanks guys and Gals for your words of encouragement.

I have been working on the wings and dealing with the usual Trumpeter "steps and gaps" problems with the "moveable" control surfaces. You would think that at least the fit would be consistent from one wing to the other; but no! There are also numerous sink marks especially on the upper surface of the Slats. Lots of fitting, trimming, shimming and sanding. I have however made progress and will post some photos tomorrow, I hope!

TAFN,

Barry

Edited by Barry

As promised here are some photos and thoughts on the wings.

My build will be in-flight with the aircraft posed at a 90 degree roll to the left with slats deployed and control surfaces correctly position.

P5251506M_zps8b4f0749.jpg

P5251508M_zps750b3b16.jpg

P5251511M_zps8144e199.jpg

P5251514M_zps625e0971.jpg

TAFN,

Barry