The Big Spit is done!

Wolf Buddee

Sorry but this is essentially a repeat of my last post made in Works in progress. She's finally done and it only took two and a half days to get if finished. Talk about being soooo close and yet so far eh? The cowl panels actually fit a lot better than I thought they would but not quite perfect. As they're quite fiddly to install I won't be fitting and removing them all too often but I needed to know it could be done.

I'd like to thank everyone that helped me by providing drawings, photos, and encouragement to persevere and see this build to the end. This was truly an international effort! :bow:

Comments and critique welcome and on to the final pics!

Cheers,

Wolf

Spit-1_zps28fdd912.jpg

Spit-2_zps25283d34.jpg

Spit-5_zpsd30cfdfa.jpg

Spit-6_zpsa1d4aad2.jpg

Spit-3_zps953bfc46.jpg

Spit-4_zps649eec57.jpg

Edited by Wolf Buddee

Hi 

very very nice Spit , paint is clean , " sweet " , détails one the engine are WOW . there is a lot of nice detail to see . I  really like your job . If you allow me , a dark wash on the lines would be ....... not bad ! if you know what I mean

bye Alain  

Hi 

very very nice Spit , paint is clean , " sweet " , détails one the engine are WOW . there is a lot of nice detail to see . I  really like your job . If you allow me , a dark wash on the lines would be ....... not bad ! if you know what I mean

bye Alain

Thanks for the kind words Alain. I had to look at my pics again after i read your post. Believe it or not but the panel lines do have a wash in them but it looks like my lighting set up has diminished them quite a bit. Not sure why either but it may be because the wash is a bit on the thin side. Hhhhhmmmmmm...........

That is absolutely beautiful.  Good to see it finally finished up and in your case.  Following the build was a great journey, and one that was great to follow along on.

Matt  :frantic:

Thanks Matt. It was quite a journey indeed. Now that it's done I can fully focus on my Mustang build. I don't think I'm going to add the same level of detail to the Packard Merlin though, LOL!

Cheers,

Wolf

Fantastic model Wolf! Not only a testament to Tamiya's terrific engineering, but also to your formidable skills as a modeller. Well done sir! May I publish it on the website?

Kev

Thank-you Kevin, you're very kind! Certainly you may publish it on the Website.

Cheers,

Wolf

Very, very impressive!

The work on the engine is incredible, as is the whole model, great work! :goodjob:

Many thanks for you kind compliments. I certainly learned a lot about the Spitfire during this build, especially the Merlin!

Cheers,

Wolf