New test shots of Horten

Paul2660

By all information I have on Luftwaffe WWII 'test' or V aircraft,  that I have from various sources ... RLM Grey 02 was used over the top surfaces of all test /experimental aircraft ... which is the color quoted from German sources during WWII. This was the 'official' requirement and I would think that most  German Aircraft  manufacturers  had to please the officials on every level,  to gain  acceptance and contracts. (at least with brand new design aircraft)... though improvement variations to existing aircraft,  I believe - weren't so scrutinized, in regards to colors.

Aviation Artists - of recent years,  tend to like to illustrate/depict these V-aircraft  in  RLM 82 Green or other colors - which, I find  is generally wrong,  in most cases.

If you going to do the 'Grey' V-2 version of this kit, you'll have to look at changing  the front landing gear and wheels.

Cheers

Phil

Thanks for this info.. I was not aware. Explains the single dark topside color in the few shots we have.

Cheers

Vaughn

On the japanes site a new update of the old man's blog with lot's of detailed pictures. 

http://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/sentiment/oyajiblog_050.html

On a first glance it looks pretty complicated for an aircraft, but on closer inspection you can see that it is e very simple design really. For me this is the ultimate 'what if' plane!

They are also working on after extra parts, truck for the Jumo 004 engine, new figures. Really looking forward to ths one.

Below are all the new pictures. Courtesy Zoukei-Mura

img_050b001.jpg

img_050b002.jpgimg_050b003.jpgimg_050b004.jpgimg_050b005.jpgimg_050b006.jpgimg_050b007.jpgimg_050b008.jpgimg_050b009.jpg

I've learned that the mold marks at the gun mantlet of Panther tank models are "made by Krupp".

So are the mold marks at the wingroot spars of this one "made by Horten"? :DodgeBall:

Ok, ok, just kidding :D

Regards

- dutik

...who is holding his money back for SWS No.10, aka The Arrow.

:) I see that Zoukei Maru Listens to us hobbyists.   :wow:        We have the Flaperon's  on the wings to !!!!  Mk.103 guns, full engines.  I can't tell about the air brake yet.  So Happy Happy about these kit :crying: tears of joy rolling down my cheek.

cheers

With all the details I am glad they offered a clear plastic for the wing.

Paul

Are we sure that the kit will ship like that, and that the clear wing in the photos isn't a one-off for demonstration purposes?

Kev