Revell testshot Bf 109 G-10 Erla

abbadur

Looks ok in this picture. At least good enough to me. Anyway the Hasegawa flat spine is missing which is a boon, after all, a hood can be bought and replaced easily...

Rev_Bf109G-10_11.jpg

Yep, it looks ok but it does have exactly same wrong shape as G6 kit, and for G10 it's also wrong, early type erla-canopy.

I know this is minor issue for most of the people but i'm not probably going to buy it until there will be some aftermarket canopies available.

At least no more than one kit :) Shame really as Erla G10 is my favourite 109...

Edited by DB605

Also worth noting that the silver object running across the shelf behind the seat should be attached to the canopy. It is in the G-6 kit as well (as a not used part) and represents the canopy demisting unit found on Erla G-10 machines. The flattened ends are upward pointing nozzles to direct warm air onto the canopy... Nice little bit of attention to detail Revell...

Matt

Edited by mattlow

Hello

Sorry cant post pics but take a look in "Messerschmitt Bf 109 F,G,K" by Prien& Rodeike,  

page 138 there is a good pic of Weissbergers AC and you can clearly see it.

Cheers

Boris

The defogging ductwork is centrally fastened to the back of the head armor and the duct fits into a hole cut into the 'shelf' of the area behind the pilot's seat.  A couple of photos can be found on page 3, Post #44 of the K-4 build in my signature.

Sincerely,

Mark