Revell testshot Bf 109 G-10 Erla

abbadur

Thanks Dave well at least it doesn't have undersized bulges on the nose! Lol.

Hopefully its less of a disappointment than the G-6..

I didn't consider the G-6 a disappointment and will likely feel the same about this G-10. I am bothered at how easily we go to bashing new kits for really minor, easily corrected issues. These Revell 109's seem to be real bargains and even with the addition of the excellent after-market set, the G-6 is still a bargain. I'm just happy to have a really good, affordable Erla G-10-- not perfect, but what kit is?

Bill M.

Is it just me or do the wheel bulges look more like a Regensburg or WNF production G-10?  I thought the Erla bulges were closer to the kidney shaped bulges used on the G-6/G-14.  I have to confess that I've never come across a photo that clearly showed the Erla wheel bulges though.

Hi

At Telford I mer Andreas Beck, who has posted about the G6 here and adressed a thing that unfortunately is not correct about these wheel bulges on the new G10, the rear edge is completey "round", but if fact should have a bigger radius and be more "square"...if you get what I mean? :-)

The bulges on the G6 are not pronounced enough either, as much as I understand the reason why they incorporated them in the upper wing to be able to detail the  wheel wells etc, I would now prefered to have them seperate as they are know so one could make new "masters" for these.

Having also read about the Erla canopy frame....maybe Radu can come up with a rescue here for us "nitpickers"? ;-)

regards/ Gunnar

DSC_0515.jpgDSC_0720.jpgDSC_0717.jpgDSC_0715.jpgDSC_0718.jpgHi All, hi Gunnar,

In a short sequence some more information on the upcoming Erla G-10. The pictures are based on the second testshot which I proceed on very slowly... It´s going to become a "what if" Erla K as a little conversion. Erla made a handfull of Ks, supposingly based on their G-10. We know only one photo from this 570 xxx series (there with a short tail wheel).

-The rear of the top wing bulges are taken from a Hasegawa K, but this can also be made from thin plastic sheet.

-The bolts over the main spar at the wing/suselage joint were missing in the test shot, I do not know if they come with the production kit. The bolts were punched out with a home made improvised punching set (0.8mm)

-A BSK 16 gun camera was added. I received a photo of a late 109 wing with this camera installed.

-The top cowling was widened between the central hinge and the gun troughs (0.75 mm) on each side with plastic sheet.

-The engine cowling is asymetric. It stays "outside" to the front of the supercharger and inclines forward only then (wrong with ALL other late 109s in any scale!). The central hinge was made with stretched sprue.

-The oil cooler housing has the same mistake as with the G-6 kit, it hat straight sides missing to give the correct "airfoil". This was corrected with sheet plastic and putty.

Ciao

Andreas

Regarding the wheelbulges, the Erla built G-10 used both the early "kindey shaped" wheel bulges and the later wide style as used on WNF built G-10's and Mtt Regensburg K-4's. The change from small to large wheelbulges was made somewhere between W.Nr 150816 and 151067. Hartman's aircraft had the smaller version... One could off course swap wheelbulges between the G-6 and G-10 kits and make an ultra-rare G-6 or G-14 with large wheelbulges - a few are actually known.

I received my first Revell G-6 today and I must say it has me even more excited by the Erla release. I found the details and panellines very nice and sharp compared to how they look in some sprueshots that has been floating around the internet. If the Erla G-10 is as nice detailwise it is gonna be great!