Revell testshot Bf 109 G-10 Erla

abbadur

Today the new Erla G-10 came in and it should be in the distribution line shortly.

Sprues:

A & B modified with new solid fuselage halves (no modular add ons)

C as per G-6

D 2x as per G-6

G 2x as per G-6

H NEW 2x main wheels, prop blades, oil cooler matrix

K as per G-6

M as per G-6

N NEW upper cowl, oil cooler housing, supercharger intake, another type of rudder, inner upper wing with large fairings e.a.

O as per G-6

P NEW windshield canopy , two types of Erla hoods

omitted:

E, I, J

Decals: printed by Cartograf, screened matt, perfect edging of carrier film, nearly perfect in register, new and more perfect style of letter typing

Versions:

Yellow 7, Wknr 152016, Prague Kbely, JG 300 with blue-white-blue band

Hatmann Wknr. 491446, JG 52

Comment: The boxart shows the Hartmann plane with tiny chin bulges. These bulges ARE CORRECTLY NOT on the plastic.

Ciao

Andreas Beck

That is unlikely as the decal sheets are crammed full and also are already on their way to be printed.

Besides, considering what's visible in the only known photo I don't think one could be certain that there isn't a seventh tulip blade on the centre of the lower cowling.

Today the new Erla G-10 came in and it should be in the distribution line shortly.

Sprues:

A & B modified with new solid fuselage halves (no modular add ons)

C as per G-6

D 2x as per G-6

G 2x as per G-6

H NEW 2x main wheels, prop blades, oil cooler matrix

K as per G-6

M as per G-6

N NEW upper cowl, oil cooler housing, supercharger intake, another type of rudder, inner upper wing with large fairings e.a.

O as per G-6

P NEW windshield canopy , two types of Erla hoods

omitted:

E, I, J

Decals: printed by Cartograf, screened matt, perfect edging of carrier film, nearly perfect in register, new and more perfect style of letter typing

Versions:

Yellow 7, Wknr 152016, Prague Kbely, JG 300 with blue-white-blue band

Hatmann Wknr. 491446, JG 52

Comment: The boxart shows the Hartmann plane with tiny chin bulges. These bulges ARE CORRECTLY NOT on the plastic.

Ciao

Andreas Beck

Andreas

If sprue I is omitted, we lose the small wing tyre bulges... these were the norm on Erla machines... That is a bit of a pain.... more cross kitting...

EDIT - sorry my mind must be going as this has already been commented upon.. :)

Matt

Edited by mattlow

Andreas

If sprue I is omitted, we lose the small wing tyre bulges... these were the norm on Erla machines... That is a bit of a pain.... more cross kitting...

EDIT - sorry my mind must be going as this has already been commented upon.. :)

Matt

Not to worry, Matt, those large bulges can be used on a late G-6 or G-14. Would make an interesting variant, large wing bulges & short tail.

Cheers,

D.B.

Yellow 11:

ScreenShot705_zps59bf3474.jpg

Cracking photo DB..!

Look at how rough the paintwork is... maybe I need to slacken my standards to match :)

I think one of the 109G-6s with the RLM76 or sky colour 'polka dot' camo has short tail plus large wing bumps....

Matt

Yep on the 109 Lair site there is an article by John Beaman. The plane  Yellow 20, large tail, large wheel bumps, small gun bulges and G style 3 piece canopy .  Find it under articles last item on the list  JG7 109?

Edited by mhorina