A6M2-N "Rufe" Takuma Flying Group *DONE*

Out2gtcha

Cracking build and subject!  :thumbsup:

Weathering on that trolly looks perfect to my eyes!

Iain

Great work Brian,

You have attained a realistic result in weathering both the trolley and aircraft IMHO. Congratulations on a sterling effort and instructional build.

Regards,

Iain, Kent, thanks very kindly.   I was hoping that exact thing would be conveyed.............realism. Not necessarily accuracy, but plausible realism.  I know that some Rufes DID in fact weather like this, but maybe not this particular aircraft, but definitely  some did wear and tear similar to this...................I just wanted to do some weathering experimentation, and a IJN subject seemed by far the most plausible.

Edited by Out2gtcha

Duuuuude!!!!!!!!

:goodjob:

John

Just amazing work bro!! Really inspirational!

John, Alan, thanks for dropping in on me and the nice words.   Im not sure how inspirational this one is, but I DID have fun with it, and it did teach me a lot, including some new weathering techniques I havnt used much if at all. Also learned some stuff NOT to do as well!

For what it's worth, I have a couple of snaps of the Rufe with very heavily worn wing root areas.

Thanks K2!  I have probably seen some of the same pics you have.  Really, thats all I was going for here, is when someone looks at the model, they dont JUST think, " Wow, that plane must have been well used!" but also even if they dont know about the subject or Japanese planes in general, they deem the look  COULD be accurate.

Onto it then boys....................

Ok, Im calling this one DONE!  

The only thing I am technically missing are the chocks for the cart (which are actually just the IM chocks that came with the Tamiya A6M2, but will work perfectly for cart chocks). I will have the cart chocks assembled, painted and weathered prior to the RFI shots.

This was overall, a weathering experiment for me. Its likely not accurate for this particular air-frame, but it is an accurate portrayal of how they sometimes weathered..........as best I could represent on the heavy side. It was a blast to do, and I used about every weathering technique I know, and some I didnt.  The OOB MDC beaching trolley has been completely re-made in brass, as the OOB configuration just was way too flimsy to support the model, especially with a solid resin float.

The model probably weighs between 1/2 and 1 pound.

Without further ado, my A6M2-N Suisen or "Rufe" w/beaching trolley:

DSC05136.jpg

DSC05124.jpg

DSC05121.jpg

DSC05131.jpg

DSC05132.jpg

DSC05139.jpg

DSC05141.jpg

DSC05142.jpg

DSC05143.jpg

DSC05119.jpg

FIN

Build Time:

2 years

2 months

7 days

-----------------------

Actual Build Time (minus S.O.D. time):

5 months

16 days

I should have some RFI shots up in RFI forums in the next few days/ sometime next week at the latest, pending weather.

Thanks again all, this one has been a lot of fun to build, and the conversion is great.  Needless to say the Tamiya kit lives up to its rep!

Brian