HK 1/32 B-17 , Now "Milk Wagon"

gunpowder

I have fitted the roof part and it fitted OK. I did need to fill and sand all the way around but it looks OK. The clear parts have been fitted. I have to say the clear parts are the best i have ever seen. chrystal clear with no distortion , and they fit will. Getting there now. I have ordered some Brassin wheels.

OK people im having a break from this for a few weeks. Its drained me a bit and if i dont take a break it will end up in the sale section! Back ins a few weeks.

Totally understand.

See you when you get back!

Edited by Showtime 100

Got my kit yesterday. Apart from the already mentioned faults, I think the "Tokyo Tank" vents at the wingtips are suspect. There is only one, "U"-shaped, vent on each wingtip.

I started my ID Models vacuum kit some 27 years ago. I finished the props, the wheels, rudder, machine guns and and the horizontal tailplanes. Started on the wings, and my refs show 2 vents, rectangular, side-by-side. What do you guys think?

Stein

I think ole triple F has got this fort goin good. I love the dark green crew compartments with the plywood flooring. One thing I'm curious about is in the bomb bay. The top of the bay has two longitudinal slots in it where the top does not meet the sides. My question is, is there something that is to be put in these slots that will close the two gaps or not? If not, I'm going to be somewhat disappointed. There shouldn't be gaps between the top and sides of the bomb bay.

I think ole triple F has got this fort goin good. I love the dark green crew compartments with the plywood flooring. One thing I'm curious about is in the bomb bay. The top of the bay has two longitudinal slots in it where the top does not meet the sides. My question is, is there something that is to be put in these slots that will close the two gaps or not? If not, I'm going to be somewhat disappointed. There shouldn't be gaps between the top and sides of the bomb bay.

Nope theres a gap

Guest Peterpools

Enjoying the Fortress build immensely and absolutely understand the need for a break. Looking forward to when you are ready to pick up the 'riveting gun; again

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

OK had i nice litte break and now im back. I decided to go with the box art as it shows up more detail than olive drab.

Heres the latest update. Fuselage is virtually finished. Halfords Aluminium , pro modeller wash , and klear. Im happy with the results. On to the wings now.

009_zps63a6e9fb.jpg

008_zpsbe666759.jpg

Apologies for the photo quality , camera phone!

WOW Gunpowder!

That looks IMPRESSIVE!....This kit looks better once painted...It doesn't look wide in the fuse..and the rounded anti-glare area doesn't looks bad at all.

Amazing how paint really brings this kit to life...Awesome workmanship.

Edited by superfly