Favorite A-6A markings?

Eli Raphael

To be honest... I find most A-6 schemes boring and I doubt that I would buit one even if the kit was given to me... Give me a Prowler and I will be sold! I have the Starfighters Vader scheme calling me!

Edited by moeggo

VMA(AW)-242 will be one of the options on my first sheet, with this specific aircraft covered:

A-6Abombload010_zps94366e69.jpg

Thank you Dave, I'll be buying your sheet. Any chance to include the bu.no. and "7" for DT-07 (152586) on the sheet? I have wanted to model that aircraft for a VERY long time.

Edited by Daywalker

Thank you Dave, I'll be buying your sheet. Any chance to include the bu.no. and "7" for DT-07 (152586) on the sheet? I have wanted to model that aircraft for a VERY long time.

That should be easy to do. VMA(AW)-533 will be the second squadron covered on the sheet (which will be 8.5 x 11) and both squadrons will be as they appeared in Vietnam.

If I lay out the sheet well enough, I may add the markings for a VMSB-242 TBM-3 as well.

VMA(AW)-242 will be one of the options on my first sheet, with this specific aircraft covered:

A-6Abombload010_zps94366e69.jpg

I guess I didn't pay much attention to this pic the first time, Are you kidding me? That's one of the coolest pictures I've ever seen! There pretty much no list of loads for the A-6, If it'll bolt on and be dropped, load'r up! There has to be a story here, please share with the rest of the class....... :rolleyes:

Paul

To be honest... I find most A-6 schemes boring and I doubt that I would buit one even if the kit was given to me... Give me a Prowler and I will be sold! I have the Starfighters Vader scheme calling me!

I tend to agree with you about the Prowler. I don't dislike the a-6 at all but to me the Prowler is a much cooler looking a/c and some of the scheme options are fantastic.

In saying that I probably will buy the a-6 but will wait for the E version.

How about A-6A from VA-19, BuBo 152618, flown Lt Cdr Charlie Hunter , with b/N Lt Lyle Bull, it was loaded loaded with 13 Mk 83 snakeyes , used to bomb the river ferry crossing in Hanoi 30th Oct 1965 .. 10 Mk 83's! - now that's a load!

Oh and yes I bought Osprey combat aircaft 93 A-6 Intruder Units of the Vietnam War!

Well you hit the mark on the marking i want but i like the a-6 better .... this smells the what-if for me