Trumpeter A-6A Intruder

petrov27

Hi wwesley - could you please post a review on the site of the Avionix cockpit with some close up photos? Ideally comparing to the kit parts so we can see what has been improved? The cost point on this set is fairly high so I would love to see a comparison to the kit so I can judge if the cost is worthwhile....

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Started back up on this as I am waiting for some aftermarket for my Vietnam group build.

The Intruder I am building does not have the dual chaff/flare buckets as the kit includes so those need to be filled. Also needed to extend the ecm fairing back over where the buckets where:

truder2_zpsb62d904d.jpg

My subject does not have the perforated and hinged fuselage speed brakes so filled those:

truder3_zps395ce0b9.jpg

Brakes just sitting in place not glued yet, hinges filled in and the fairing extension complete:

truder1_zpsf9555fa8.jpg

Also started some of the weapons it will carry...

28e8f9db-93b2-45e4-a828-1cbea1ad7b52_zps

Edited by petrov27

Outstanding! What are the curved rectangular shapes just forward and under the speedbrakes? Are these molded for slimelights like the ones on the dorsal fuselage?

Thanks,  Tom

Edited by Uncarina

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the positive feedback!!

My subject has the ALQ-100 "canoe paddle" antennas on the outer pylons, but I did not think the kit's were the right size and they are very flimsy - I had broke one off anyway during assembly...

So I have studied pictures and attempted to make them from scratch:

001_zpse459258c.jpg

I removed mine to make my intruder an A-6E. A-6A thru E is the same on the outside except for the 100 ant. On the inside you from vacuum tubes to circuit boards . When the E Tram came ten you have a whole new airplane design

Thank you for the positive feedback!!

My subject has the ALQ-100 "canoe paddle" antennas on the outer pylons, but I did not think the kit's were the right size and they are very flimsy - I had broke one off anyway during assembly...

So I have studied pictures and attempted to make them from scratch:

001_zpse459258c.jpg

Great job with the antennae.

Surprised Quickboost at Aries haven't clued up to these, or replacement "air brakes" yet.

Tony

Tony

Nice progress on the A6. Enjoying your progress.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

LOL - Tony you have taken over my build :)

Regardless, thanks gents for the positive comments. Going to try to cast those antenna in resin so I can get a couple that are exactly the same - I dont have much casting experience so I expect a mess lol