NEW TAMIYA 1/32 OFFERING.

krow113

I an curious as to what logic all you Corsair guessers are using to come up with that guess? As much as I would like one, it just doesn't seem to fit the pattern :)

Doug

They measured the Corsair at Vintage Wings of Canada.

They also measured their Spits and Mustang prior to those releases. Those 1/32 kits were released in Canada first.

See a pattern?

They measured the Corsair at Vintage Wings of Canada.

They also measured their Spits and Mustang prior to those releases. Those 1/32 kits were released in Canada first.

See a pattern?

But what was it that made them ........drove them to want to measure those aircraft.........it was the power of the 'Chop!

2013poster_zps3bdf862b.jpg

Just have to do this..just have to..Tamiya released their 1/48 M6A1 Seiran and publically advertized they had scaled it directly from a full size aircraft under restoration at the Smithsonian's National Air and Space Museum.Tamiya went over other aircraft while they were there as well.Vintage Wings of Canada isn't the only place they have spent considerable time at. just sayin.

I can't believe this thread is still going :shrug: . I've been half way around the world and back on biz and here it still is.

Not that it's a bad thing, just a little stumped as to why we event think a new kit is coming from Tamiya this year.... to warrant 29 pages of conversation.

just a little stumped as to why we event think a new kit is coming from Tamiya this year.... to warrant 29 pages of conversation.

That's because you haven't read all 29 pages...it's there if you look for it. And the reason this has been going so long. :popcorn:

That's because you haven't read all 29 pages...it's there if you look for it. And the reason this has been going so long. :popcorn:

What is driving it? It's the fact that we all know Tamiya has been a leader in detailed 1:32 kits almost from the inception of the genre as a main strean modeling scale. We also know that they always raise the bar with each new release. Unlike Trumpeter, Tamiya takes its time and the pace of those releases are slow, but we know that what you get is the best engineered, mass produced injection kit you can get at that point in time.

It must give a few select and special people a real glow of self-satisfaction knowing what the rest of us don't......... :innocent:

Just for the record....I have no connections to Tamiya and don't know anything more than what others know. I did a 'Chop of the Tamiya Mustang 2 years before it was anounced and one of the Trumpy P-47 before it was known as well. I then did a 'Chop of a Tamiya Corsair in 2010-2011 and am hoping the power of the 'Chop comes thru again. I GOTTA BELIEVE! ;)

Edited by ghostmech

Could you believe a little and 'chop a 2 seat 1/32 F-16 variant???

I think its like praying for rain. If you do it often enough, over a long enough period of time, your prayer will likely be answered. Unless you live on Tatooine, then you just know better!

Ive seen this before it is just a way to get your post count up +1 etc

Party pooper :(

The truth is Tamiya will announce a new 1/32 kit in May and it will be "spectacular".

A new 1/32 kit by Tamiya is always a much anticipated event. Do you really think just the threat of a new kit by Revell or Trumpeter would stir 20,000 views in just a few weeks in this forum? Not even close

Edited by ghostmech