Foiled HKM B-25J Strafer - 345th BG Air Apaches - Lady LiL

Out2gtcha

Yep, might even be the same guy. Hes done quite a few aircraft including some WWI stuff. Cool stuff, but a bit complex, and time consuming...........not to mention problematic getting things balanced and what not to spin realistically.

Guest Peterpools

The B-25 sound and moving turret is pretty neat and a nice idea. In model railroading, sound and moving parts have been around for a long time now with DCC and what you can do with miniature decoders is amazing. I am assuming it's the same principle of programing the decoder (no clue how that is done) and then just having the controller to operate the the decoder. In my model railing days, I had a Digitrax Chief DCC controller set and all my engines had DCC with sound. Amazing stuff.

Sorry that I have been off the forum for a while. This is absolutely great work Brian! Your eye for realism is awesome! I think I will send al my future cockpit detailing to Omaha......

Ken

Beautiful paint job. Looking forward to following this build.

Thanks for the kind words.....................Im really looking forward to working on this thing each time I do.

I have to say that that is probably the most realistic cockpit weathering i have ever seen. Feels like you could sit down in it and flick some switches. Gorgeous work.

Thanks! Thats saying quite a lot cause there are some unbelievable modelers on this site...............sometimes you want to feel like you should learn something but a lot of times Im really just in awe. (like Peters Sea Fury)

The B-25 sound and moving turret is pretty neat and a nice idea. In model railroading, sound and moving parts have been around for a long time now with DCC and what you can do with miniature decoders is amazing. I am assuming it's the same principle of programing the decoder (no clue how that is done) and then just having the controller to operate the the decoder. In my model railing days, I had a Digitrax Chief DCC controller set and all my engines had DCC with sound. Amazing stuff.

The guys stuff is amazing..................he has it all set up super pro with options for one of those "learning remotes" you can buy at the store that learns codes for whichever TV you happen to have. All of the different actions each has a different corresponding button on the remote to activate it. His sound profiles are SUPER trick, with some of them having pilots shouting commands for clear and having different stater motor sounds depending on which aircraft or which version of the aircraft you have. Amazing stuff, but a bit much to deal with a base and what not.

boy that 'pit looks nice

I wish I could achieve such realistic effects - real watch and learn for me :popcorn:

Peter

Thanks Peter....................but uh have you checked out your OWN thread lately?!?! That Sea Fury of yours is just plain on another LEVEL buddy! Its really amazing work. All Im doing here is just making things LOOK cool. Your making them look cool, AND be completely accurate. Amazing, unbelievable work on that thing man. :D

Woohoo, I am subscribed! Are you going to have this baby in Loveland?

Man I hope so................but it might be super Ill timing this year for NATs. Id love to take a trip up there with this, but this is the same year my brother and I are going to Reno for the 50th golden anniversary of the races, and my vaca and moolah budget might bet blown out on that. :( We shall see.

There also seems to be a lot of people getting HMK B-25s ready for the US NATs this year, so that also might be a factor as i REALLY dont like seeing myself coming and going, let along share a contest table with 2 or 3 of the same kit as Im showing. :(

Sorry that I have been off the forum for a while. This is absolutely great work Brian! Your eye for realism is awesome! I think I will send al my future cockpit detailing to Omaha......

Ken

Thanks man, and no problemo buddy. As I said off line, ive just been trudging along on this big girl and will hopefully get to some milestones soon, and some noticeable progress.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of progress....................................................

PIC TIME!

Edited by Out2gtcha

I finished up the control yokes completely by modifying the pilots control yoke boot (for as much as I LOVE symmetry, I could NOT have both soft boots IDENTICAL) to look a bit different from the co-pilots, applied a wash, changes the yoke handle color to black, weathered that, then attached the previously build “Grimy” cockpit lights and power codes made from light bulb filaments –

DSC01038.jpg

DSC01039.jpg

Attached to the pit floor –

DSC01053.jpg

Next up, I finished up the cockpit sidewalls. This is a mix of both accurate replications from period and resto (no modern avionics put in however) pics, as well as some ‘gizmology” to make things look busy/pretty. I used lead wire, EZ Line, small parts .08 nuts, tamiya tape cut down + CA –

DSC01047.jpg

DSC01049.jpg

Checking for fit, with the pit floor, newly detailed side walls and rear bulkhead.

No problems what so ever –

DSC01042.jpg

DSC01043.jpg

Even without the canopy, seats,upper turret arrangement or pilots armor plating, you can just begin to see just how little will be visible behind the pit itself –

DSC01046.jpg

MORE……………………………..

Guest Peterpools

Brian

Holy smokes, the detailing is simply tremendous. Just love to look around the front office and interior with the details just jump right out.

Way to go

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Thanks Peter........................I did come to a slight milestone on this big build, as I am now calling the cockpit DONE! –

DSC01056.jpg

DSC01058.jpg

DSC01061.jpg

DSC01064.jpg

DSC01066.jpg

Here is the way things look on a dry run installed in the fuse. Even with IP now, fit is still dead on –

DSC01070.jpg

DSC01071.jpg

DSC01073.jpg

DSC01074.jpg

DSC01075.jpg

All for now…………………………Im off to work on the big girl for a bit before the Walking Dead comes on at 8 central on AMC. SCARRRRRY!!!