Foiled HKM B-25J Strafer - 345th BG Air Apaches - Lady LiL

Out2gtcha

Guest Peterpools

Brian

Simply stellar work. The NMF toned down and weathered, worked like a charm. The added color absolutely makes the details pop. Thanks for the technique used to give the NMF a nice use look without losing the original effect.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

That is simply some of the most impressive work I've ever seen! Wow!

Thanks! Very nice of you so say. Im really just winging a combo of periord photos and resto pics to come up with something that looks realistic.

That just crazy !! how did you manage to mask off all those nuts to keep them their natural bronze?

I did things TOTALLY bass-akwards. I should have painted the whole thing NMF then installed the hard-lines and their AN hose fittings. This way I could have retained both the matt gray color of the lead wire and the brass nuts. The way I actually did it, I just had to go back over everything and pick the lines out with steel, and the AN fittings with MM brass.

Wow! just WoW

Thanks Ron!

As was pointed out earlier, this stuff can really get both fun and addictive. I just need to curtail myself and put my efforts towards the places that will have the most expositor.

Beautifully done Brian. She's lookin' awesome. Looking forward to seein' more.

Cheers,

Wolf

Thanks Wolf. The Fokker is really a stunning piece of work and the engine is unreal. If i get an "F" im hoping the same type details come out for the B-mer powered D VII.

Brian

Simply stellar work. The NMF toned down and weathered, worked like a charm. The added color absolutely makes the details pop. Thanks for the technique used to give the NMF a nice use look without losing the original effect.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Thanks Peter! Things are a little dark already so the bay might need a nice mirror under it for any display to see all the work put in there, and hopefully to catch a little reflected light and let everything be visible.

Wowsa!! Very very nice effect on the alum. If and when I ever get to paint something again and not just build masters I am going to come back here and get some schoolin'!!

J

Thanks a load Jerry..................sounds good to me. Ill need some figgie painting tips, cause Ive got a lot of nice ones now, and havnt had the grapes to try building/painting one. I always had visions of having your figgie skills to be able to make a really nice 1/32 USAAF Mitchell pilot -

Bomber_Crew_10.jpg

Of course mine would be PTO theater dressed pilot.

Just woooow.

I love the detail.

Mark

Thanks Mark, nice of you to say.

That looks just great, Brian! Wow!

Thanks Tomek!

After the dozer, we need another pulp masterpiece!

Lovely work on the firewall Brian, that looks marvellous

Ill need some figgie painting tips, cause Ive got a lot of nice ones now, and havnt had the grapes to try building/painting one.

That is a beautifully painted pilot figure Brian. That modeller hit the nail on the head with that one. I'm sure you'll do just fine but if I were to offer any pointers it would be to concentrate in the eyes. That is the part that many modellers struggle with. All too often the scale figures end up with a wide, bug-eyed stare that looks totally unnatural. In the images you posted above you can see that the modeller has managed to get the proportions of iris to white just about correct. If you notice your own eyes in the mirror you'll see that much of the visible eye is colour and not that much is white. Also, if possible, attempt to have the iris slightly off-centre rather than looking straight ahead. It gives a little more dynamism to the figure even if the head is posed directly forward. Lastly, consider using an off-white rather than bright white. A very light cream or even a light bluey-grey often looks more convincing than stark white.

Good luck and HTH

Edit* Spelling...(again! :doh: :whistle: )

Edited by geedubelyer

Lovely work on the firewall Brian, that looks marvellous

That is a beautifully painted pilot figure Brian. That modeller hit the nail on the head with that one. I'm sure you'll do just fine but if I were to offer any pointers it would be to concentrate in the eyes. That is the part that many modellers struggle with. All too often the scale figures end up with a wide, bug-eyed stare that looks totally unnatural. In the images you posted above you can see that the modeller has managed to get the proportions of iris to white just about correct. If you notice your own eyes in the mirror you'll see that much of the visible eye is colour and not that much is white. Also, if possible, attempt to have the iris slightly off-centre rather than looking straight ahead. It gives a little more dynamism to the figure even if the head is posed directly forward. Lastly, consider using an off-white rather than bright white. A very light cream or even a light bluey-grey often looks more convincing than stark white.

Good luck and HTH

Edit* Spelling...(again! :doh: :whistle: )

Thanks Guy.............he did hit it on the head. Im just one of those guys who has always loved the worn belts look, and has not been great at figgies so I just have never taken the "seated pilot plunge" so to speak. I just need to try my skills on a standing pilot that I done necessarily have to have in the seat. As you said, its really just the eyes/face that I need to practice on.

Wow!......that is awesome work Brian!

Brilliant stuff there.

Cheer's,

Jeff.

Thanks Jeff, nice of you to say. Most of the time im really just operating on instinct. Or at least thats what I tell myself. :lol:

:wow: Speechless .

Thanks Maru!

V.nice plumbing work there Brian :speak_cool:

Derek

Thanks Derek, kind of you to say. :D

really cool stuff, love what you're doing here & can't wait to see more!

Mucho thanks Rich. Especially considering the caliber of your scratch work. The B-17 is scratch work I could only hope to attain. Ive been getting a touch ballzier with it lately but Im not at your level yet.

That is great Brian. I enjoy each of your contributions and learn a great deal.

Many thanks!

Thanks Kahuna, nice of you to say.. :) Im "selfishly" contributing cause I love it here and I have a lot of friends here. I learn usually more than I contribute though so its all a lovely modeling catch 22 round here. :lol:

I think you know my opinions Bud.

Carry on.

:popcorn:

lolz.................If Ive said it 100 times, ive said it only once....

God bless the Brits, as Ive attempted to..........

keep_calm_and_carry_on_poster-r094c9ca42

Im off to finish up (hopefully) the bomb bay stuff and even progress more on the Brassin wheels and G Factor gear Ive been playing with. The JB Weld did hold great, and sanded like I hoped it would and is now flush and even waiting for some paint.

Ive got all the wheels and 2/3 of the Brassin rims freed from their casting, and will give these a good soak in Whestleys Bleche-White to rid them of any release agents.

More later guys.

Cheers,