Fokker DVII (FOK) Jasta 71

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Update: Upper and Lower Wings

Decals, Decals and more decals. Never being one to actually follow the instruction and I decided to assemble the tops and bottoms of the upper and lower wings before painting and decaling, even though the instructions call for the reverse. I just couldn't see doing it that way, as any stray glue would surely ruin the decals and there also would be no way a of fixing any small gaps or seams that might appear. Once everything was glue up, the wings were primed with Tamiya fine white and the painted Tamiya XF55 for the clear doped fabric under the lozenge fabric cammo. After glossing with Future, decaling was the next order of business and was an adventure in patience, this time following the instruction sequence. Decals were set first with Micro Sol and then finished off with Walther's Solvaset. I lost track of the hours and the wings are still drying before Testor's Dullcote can be applied. I'm surprised how much more still needs to be done on the wing assemblies but it's starting to get there.

Thanks for following

PCW_3859-2.jpg

PCW_3861.jpg

PCW_3862.jpg

Edited by Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Kev.

It's also my first time around the block and a huge learning experience. Ron and John B have been pointing out the pitfalls for me so I can avoid them during the build.

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Brian

Much appreciated. Of course, now that I took the close ups, I found a small chunk of the top wing decals that for whatever reason is missing. Easier to replace it now then when the wings are on and rigged.

Guest Peterpools

Ron, Mark and Derek

Thanks Guys ... appreciate the kind words. Now that the wings are almost done, it's time to do the same to the tailfeathers and then fuselage. One thing for sure; when the Fokker is done, I'll be investing in new bottles of Micro Set and Sol.