I'm a newbie here, but thought I'd post some of my P-26 pics

thomba

Thanks for the explanation on the Future, will most definitely give it a try on my Thunderbird! Does it take a lot of polishing, or does it goes quickly?

Yes and no. On large mostly flat surfaces it goes very easily and quickly. When you get to the nooks and crannies its pretty fiddly. BTW, when I said "newbie" in my post, I was just refering to my posting here. I've been building plastic models for about 10 years, before that I was into RC scale modeling and flying. That's where the scratch building techniques were developed. Tom B.

Regarding the p/e rigging ,it looks like you left it in its natural color, Any tips on the use of that product would be well received here I think , as a number of builders are proposing to use it .

Pretty easy to work with being that it is I think stainless steel and not brass. I approximate the length needed with a drafting divider and cut with a Dremel cutoff wheel then remove material as needed to get the right length. I attach with a drop of CA into holes that I have drilled out on one end only so the wires stay straight and wil have some flex if I accidently bump one. I will be experimenting on painting them to see if I can take a bit of the brightness away to get more of an aluminum look to them for future models. Thanks, Tom B.

Pretty easy to work with being that it is I think stainless steel and not brass. I approximate the length needed with a drafting divider and cut with a Dremel cutoff wheel then remove material as needed to get the right length. I attach with a drop of CA into holes that I have drilled out on one end only so the wires stay straight and wil have some flex if I accidently bump one. I will be experimenting on painting them to see if I can take a bit of the brightness away to get more of an aluminum look to them for future models. Thanks, Tom B.

I have read about leaving one end of the p/e loose, seems to be a good way to get it to work. Alclad is making acrylic flat clears I have found them to be a good product, perhaps an application of that may tone down the s/s.

• 6 months later...

Having just discovered that it appears we don't have a single P-26 build on the main website, I'm on the hunt to fill the gap. Thomba, may I publish the photos of your fine Peashooter build on the website?

Kev