Dream come true...finally a 1/32 Tempest V!!

R Palimaka

Great news, although I have a suspicion that Zoukei-Mura's British model will be a Tempest!

If SH is a decent model I will certainly buy it, I read so many times Clostermann's book about his exploits in JF-E "Le Grand Charles".

Is it only me that thought - possibly being both uncharitable and wrong in the same moment - "Tempest V: Great!!" "but Special Hobby: oh no!"

It is a type that so many here, including me, want a lot, and I know it is being picky to cavil before it even surfaces, but as a SH kit I am unlikely to order it unseen, and will await seeing it first.

But if it had been Tamiya (too esoteric a subject for them anyway?), ZM or Hasegawa (re-arrange into your own order of preference) I would have ordered two unseen. And this kit now makes another one from someone else (a Meng foray into 1:32?) even less likely?

Great news, although I have a suspicion that Zoukei-Mura's British model will be a Tempest!

I read so many times Clostermann's book about his exploits in JF-E "Le Grand Charles".

The Big Show is still one of my favourite books. I know that many of Clostermann's exploits have come under suspicion, and that the book is closer to fiction, but it is such a good read and gives you a real sense of what air combat felt like. I read it as a kid and have reread it a couple of times since then. I'm sure that book is the reason I love the Tempest as much as I do.

I hadn't thought about Zoukei-Mura producing a Tempest as well. Although Special Hobby isn't Revell or Tamiya, if their's is released first it would still cut into Z-M's sales. Z-M sure seems to have unfortunate sense of timing!

Richard

Is it only me that thought - possibly being both uncharitable and wrong in the same moment - "Tempest V: Great!!" "but Special Hobby: oh no!"

I didn't have the same initial thought, but the feeling is not unfounded. Their kits do require more work, and sometimes there are some real challenges with fit like the MS.406 or accuracy like the P-39. That being said they have produced some real gems like the Caudron C.714. They are still one of my favourite manufacturers because they produce kits of subjects that no one else will, and these subjects happen to be in my area of interest. A Jak 3 has been wanted for years too, and we're not going to see it from Tamiya either. Z-M kits are amazing, I have one of the P-51, but I am really not at all interested in the "skeleton/packed full of internal structure" type of kit so I wouldn't buy a Z-M Tempest.

Still pumped beyond belief!!

Richard

Am I alone in loving Special Hobby stuff?

Always great subjects and usually fun builds... :)

Iain

Nope, like I said above, Special Hobby/MPM rocks in my book!! Excellent subjects and maybe more work but very much worth it.

Richard

Hey, I really want a Tempest like a LOT of us do..........................and id LOVE/LOVE a Zuki-mia-gowa Tempest, but if that doesnt happen Id probably take a Special Hobby (SH) kit. IMHO they are not bad at all.

Just as long as its not a Hobby Crap (HC) kit!

I've never built anything other than their 1/72 Luft '46 jets and can't complain, except I throw the PE stuff away. Not just theirs, anyone's! I hate PE. anyway, i do have a couple of their P-39s in my stash and I'm sure they're buildable. I too can't wait for the Tempest. I wonder if they'll also offer a a round-motored Mk. II or someone will do a conversion or if I'll have to do one of my own.