ZM A-1J Skyraider VA-145 Swordsmen

Uncarina

At last I've completed the ZM Skyraider using Zotz Decals and the ZM aftermarket stencil sheet. One of the many cool things about the kit is it has everything you need to make a Navy A-1J: the control stick and the Yankee seat. Hope you like it!

Cheers,

Tom

EIV8dqq.jpg

ypmVP8Q.jpg

zOBnm2x.jpg

kPEFC7y.jpg

H4LaEmH.jpg

X7aIAHW.jpg

Edited by Uncarina

Thanks! Ever have a build where it was one step forward, two back? The closer I got to completing it the more little things (paint fixes, missing little pieces, etc) kept happening...

Paint: custom Tamiya, Future, multiple oil washes, touch-ups with oils. I found a color match for the green on the fin, verses using the decals which would have left a seam.

Added stuff: flattened tires, coolant flap indicator rod on cowl, nuclear bomb aiming device on portside below the cockpit, auxiliary instruments on cockpit sill, canopy grap handles, and the coil which connects the Yankee extraction device to the canopy.

Cheers,

Tom

What a nice, impeccable build, Tom:clap2:. Attention to details, flawless painting, subtle weathering, all good reasons to justify a revisiting.
I’ve always had a soft spot for the Spad. This model could have been finished yesterday, you wouldn’t have seen the difference.
Thank you for sharing.

Cheers,

Quang

12 hours ago, quang said:

What a nice, impeccable build, Tom:clap2:. Attention to details, flawless painting, subtle weathering, all good reasons to justify a revisiting.
I’ve always had a soft spot for the Spad. This model could have been finished yesterday, you wouldn’t have seen the difference.
Thank you for sharing.

Cheers,

Quang

Thanks Quang, you are extremely kind! I've also always loved the Spad, and keep fighting the temptation to get the Air Force version.

5 hours ago, Scotsman said:

Superb build 

Thank you! This was one of ZM's earliest releases, with multi-colored plastic (including silver), but even then their approach has been to put seams where panel lines occur, as if you are building the real aircraft. The fit was fairly good, but I did add shims to the wingfold area to make it look more presentable.

Cheers,  Tom