Wing Nut Wings, do you think they would do it?

LSP_Ron

Not going to happen with WNW until they have completed everything they want for WWI fans and this will take a while with so many aircraft to do. Remember Peter has no interest outside of WWI aircraft so Revell would be my best bet for a Mossie and such.

Guest Dekenba

Not a chance. None whatsoever.

WNW have created a strong brand & gone from nowhere to market leaders in a very short time. The whole operation is geared towards pre 1919 aircraft - that's the culture of the place and it's a culture that seems very strong.

Why would they look to threaten that with a WW2 aircraft? It's outside their expertise and, if they were to fail to reach the heights of the WW1 models - which, lets face it, are near perfect - they would lose that reputation. WW2 modelling has an awfully big market, but in turn that means there are a lot more people ready to criticise. In addition, research material is far, far more prevalent, so any mistakes - perhaps not picked up in a WW1 model - would be jumped on. I've seem internet forums rip a model apart for some perceived tiny mistake, like a length 2 inches too short, or a canopy not quite the right shape!

The WW1 market was, apart from Roden, devoid of any major players, so strategically it was a decent move to try to get into it - they now more or less own it.

Add in that the owners are renowned WW1 nuts and I'm afraid that you have got absolutely no chance whatsoever.

I believe Trumpy may get around to the Beau and Mozzie in 1/32 in the fullness of time, while the vibes are there a bit for Revell Germany to give new the Wooden Wonder a go. They've done a lot of research for the titchy offering already out for some time, though I imagine a Do-17 and Ju-88A-4, -88G variants, or Fw-190 etc are higher up their list.

The Mosquito lends itself to multiple releases offering multiple sub variants: fighter-bomber, night fighter, bomber and recce ships, single- and two-stage Merlins, etc., etc., so if the baseline kit is good the manufacturer can get a heck of a lot of mileage with only minor parts changes - though I am, of course, preaching to the converted! Yes, a Wing Nut Wings version would be super, but is not their thing as it's from a later era. Anyone own a Mozzie they can take to WNW and just run up the Merlins a bit to get them interested?

Tony T

I believe Trumpy may get around to the Beau and Mozzie in 1/32 in the fullness of time,

That would be a real shame, it would discourage others from making the effort and actually get it right. For these kits I personally would want a much higher level of effort in accuracy rather than representation of a certain type. Trumpy disappoints more than what is acceptable, to many misses than hits when it comes to accuracy. They have hit a few home runs (Swordfish, Dauntless, Avenger) but these are not the norm and I would fear we'd end up with something like their P-51B.

I tend to think WNW's would entertain the idea if enough folks made the effort to contact them rather than give up any hope of them doing it. Sir Peter Jackson is producing Dam Busters right? so one would assume he does have an interest in WW2 just as with WW1? OK so lets forget the Mossie and ask for a 1/32 Lanc :lol:

Some good post here guys..

Yes it true that we have a Customers Wish list on the go at WNW, and we do like like to hear your thought's and ideas! Thanks to the guys that have emailed in already in the past. All the suggestions do get added to the list when we do receive them..

On my personal point of view as a modeller and not an employee of WNW...

Sure I would love to see an newly tooled Mossie or a Beaufighter... plus a few other subjects that comes to mind.. Its a shame what has happen with Wingscale/WingsXL... Martin did have a few things that I was excited about.. If the HK Models B-25 was a indicator of what to expect from them there would of been some fantastic kits getting released!

Don't worry - I read that Tamiya's next 1/32 will probably be German WW2 subject - no doubt a 109.... :)

I would expect to see a 109 and a 190 from Tamiya in their 32 scale range sooner than later. Then you might even get a F4U after that.

Not a Trumpeter fan ay?

No, not really Brad, they have done some good kits, I have to give them that. It's very obvious they have and A team and a Z team in kit development.

My personal (none LSP) opinion is that they are too hit and miss for the price point of their kits. I find it rather frustrating when I spend $75 for a kit and only use the fuse and wings to complete it. I really don't get the warm feeling that they care if they produce a product that measures up to WNW, Revell, Tamiya, ZM etc. I do get that feeling from WNW's that if they take a project on, you can pretty much bet the farm it will be done correctly. Hence the reason I started this thread.

On a tangent, I agree with the comments here on Revell. They really need a huge pat on the back from all of us for a great job and great value for money with their kits. I have to think that they are on a theme of German subjects for the short term anyway, which seems to be working well for them so far so I can see why they should run with that.

Ron