Time to retire...

Harold

TOTOALLY jealous of you guys..............

Ill hit my 41st B-day at the end of this summer, and im already ready to retire. I got my house at a VERY good price, but like others have many other bills to support. My savings is not too terribly much at this point, but Im hoping I can re-invest in things and eventually pay off my house so I can just pay the taxes and live on a planned retirement.

People always seem to say "im more busy now than when I was working"...............Ill take that kind of busy over the toiling day to day working life any day. I hate working for a living............it sux. I hope withing the next 10 - 15 years I can realize the retirement dream. I hope it doesnt take till Im 65, but wtihthe economy these days.............you never know.

Congrats to you Harold!

Brian

Harold. You haven't retired yet. You are still employed at the Trumpeter Corrections and Enhancement Center. There are hundreds of customers around the world waiting for your expert technical skills and craftsmanship. You are a crucial part of the team for the completion of LSPs everywhere. So that's enough talk about retiring and back to work............

IN YOUR OWN TIME OF COURSE. :evil_laugh: ( 25 years to go ... so envious.)

Jason

Harold. You haven't retired yet. You are still employed at the Trumpeter Corrections and Enhancement Center. There are hundreds of customers around the world waiting for your expert technical skills and craftsmanship. You are a crucial part of the team for the completion of LSPs everywhere. So that's enough talk about retiring and back to work............ IN YOUR OWN TIME OF COURSE. :evil_laugh: ( 25 years to go ... so envious.) Jason

...Looks like the AMS TCEC is about to undergo a major expansion programme very soon... :thumbsup:

Derek

Congratulations to you Harold. Best of luck with the future, and hopefully expanding AMS Resin a bit now with all of your free time.

I'm still about 40 years away from being able to retire, so I think I've got the longest to go, but hopefully education turns out to be a good field, one I can enjoy for the rest of my years in the workforce.

Matt :party0023:

Ah Harold...good luck to you. Sounds like some real knuckleheads you have to work for. 25years old and managing is an awfully early start. Wonder if she's 'Facebooking' all day. :rolleyes:

Definitely sounds like moving on time. Offer to consult for them if things go bad and then add the punishment ( I told you so) tax to your invoice.

Cheers Matty

TOTOALLY jealous of you guys..............

Ill hit my 41st B-day at the end of this summer, and im already ready to retire. I got my house at a VERY good price, but like others have many other bills to support. My savings is not too terribly much at this point, but Im hoping I can re-invest in things and eventually pay off my house so I can just pay the taxes and live on a planned retirement.

People always seem to say "im more busy now than when I was working"...............Ill take that kind of busy over the toiling day to day working life any day. I hate working for a living............it sux. I hope withing the next 10 - 15 years I can realize the retirement dream. I hope it doesnt take till Im 65, but wtihthe economy these days.............you never know.

Congrats to you Harold!

Brian

You are thinking ahead, good for you. By the time you retire, things should be rolling along again. At least better than today.

Ah Harold...good luck to you. Sounds like some real knuckleheads you have to work for. 25years old and managing is an awfully early start. Wonder if she's 'Facebooking' all day. :rolleyes:

Definitely sounds like moving on time. Offer to consult for them if things go bad and then add the punishment ( I told you so) tax to your invoice.

Cheers Matty

So funny you mentioned Facebook. Yes, she is always posting and telling the customers to log on our site and "like" us. GAWD....

The owners want new blood right out of college so they can MOLD them. They actually said that. Good luck with that.

Congratulations to you Harold. Best of luck with the future, and hopefully expanding AMS Resin a bit now with all of your free time.

I'm still about 40 years away from being able to retire, so I think I've got the longest to go, but hopefully education turns out to be a good field, one I can enjoy for the rest of my years in the workforce.

Matt :party0023:

You will do just fine, you are in good hands here too. The old guys (sorry, "older" guys) will steer you right.

...Looks like the AMS TCEC is about to undergo a major expansion programme very soon... :thumbsup:

Derek

OH YES, after a short celebratory vacation, I will be back into some new stuff that I want to do. I am thinking of complete kits too. Very simple ones at first, I need the experience before getting up to your level.

Harold. You haven't retired yet. You are still employed at the Trumpeter Corrections and Enhancement Center. There are hundreds of customers around the world waiting for your expert technical skills and craftsmanship. You are a crucial part of the team for the completion of LSPs everywhere. So that's enough talk about retiring and back to work............

IN YOUR OWN TIME OF COURSE. :evil_laugh: ( 25 years to go ... so envious.)

Jason

That is correct......I know I am going to be busier than before, just under my own circumstances.

I am in the process of making a larger work shop this Summer, after that, anything goes..LOL

Good Luck with your new situation in life. I hope you can keep your hobby creations fun, and find enjoyment in retirement. I know I certainly enjoy and admire what you have shared with us so far.

The best response to a monster boss is to find a way to leave on your terms. If all they can do is scream and yell, then they are actually a very small child who is scared to death inside. Most of the time you just can't fix that, but at least you don't need to become a small child yourself.

Tnarg

You are so correct. I never want to lower myself to her level. Very childish, immature and cruel.

It was best to move on.

Derek

HMMM, AMS TCEC. I like the sound of that !............Harv

OH YES, after a short celebratory vacation, I will be back into some new stuff that I want to do. I am thinking of complete kits too. Very simple ones at first, I need the experience before getting up to your level.

Sounds great Harold. Talk to me any time you feel the need to discuss anything - enjoy.

D.

Edited by Derek B

I'll tell you Harold, in your situation, I'd have planned my going to coincide with a Friday, and cleaned up during the week. On my way out the door I'd have said:" Oh, by the way, I QUIT". I'd give as much notice as they would give me if they had to "reduce staff to cut costs". It is funny how we are trained to think we owe an employer more than they owe us.

Not funny HA-HA, just funny.

Retire? Don't I wish. I've been unemployed for the last 15 months, and though I certainly enjoy the time flexibility, the slow drying up of funds has me somewhat concerned. Perhaps I too can land a job where some smarmy little **** can treat me like human garbage. It does seem as if though corporate America feels the way to more productive and efficient personnel is a greater amount of public floggings.

Enjoy the heck out of your retirement Harold. Perhaps in another forty years or so (at the lousy wages folks seem to be offering me), I’ll be able to do the same.