Time to retire...

Harold

I think you should take her for a fight behind the sheds!

seriously - all you can do is enjoy the good stuff coming to you - stay active mate and enjpy the next chapter in your life!

champagneandcigar.jpg

ads

Oh yes, it feels good already.

Well Harold..it's a matter of priorities. But if it were me, I'd give the new owner(s) a heads up before I left,you just might save
them some grief,time, and money. But on the bright side, you'll have a lot more time to spend here,and many of us including myself enjoy your company
and knowledgeable input. All the best Harold ;)

I did make an attempt to discuss things with the new GM as well. He came from banking, pure numbers guy. No clue how to deal with humans.
Oh well, it is their business now, not mine.
And thanks William, I will be here more and delve into new and more challenging projects.
All you guys have been nothing but true gentleman. Edited by Harold

Sounds like you made the right decision to me Harold - I wish both of you much luck and prosperity in the coming years - keep in touch with me so that we can continue to help each other.

Regards

Derek

Yes Derek,

I think I did.

I will keep in touch with you.

always enjoy the help from you and the others here on LSP.

I know just what you mean Harold. I have been contending with a somewhat similar situation for the last year or so and have had enough. This Friday (June 15th) is my last work day before retirement. Now I'll have plenty of time for more builds. :rolleyes:

John

You will feel the weight lift from your shoulders.

Good for you. Life to way too short to put up with fools.

Good Luck with your new situation in life. I hope you can keep your hobby creations fun, and find enjoyment in retirement. I know I certainly enjoy and admire what you have shared with us so far.

The best response to a monster boss is to find a way to leave on your terms. If all they can do is scream and yell, then they are actually a very small child who is scared to death inside. Most of the time you just can't fix that, but at least you don't need to become a small child yourself.

Tnarg

Congratulations Harold, I wish you well in your retirement! Too bad really that you have to leave on such terms, but leaving while you are ahead sounds like a very good plan. Enjoy your retirement, you deserve it! Looking forward to seeing more AM stuff if you have the urge, yours is some of the best I have ever had the pleasure of working with.

:doh: After a few days you will think, why did I wait so long. The new owners will either figure it out or go broke. That is not the best for your ol Crew, but it may work now that you are out the door. I have been retired now for 5 years, and do not regret it at all. Remember all that free time you think you have, your wife has it all squared away for you, so don't worry!

:doh: After a few days you will think, why did I wait so long. The new owners will either figure it out or go broke. That is not the best for your ol Crew, but it may work now that you are out the door. I have been retired now for 5 years, and do not regret it at all. Remember all that free time you think you have, your wife has it all squared away for you, so don't worry!

My wife already has a toodoo list. AND it is LONG.

Edited by Harold

Yeh, most 20 somethings who are put in management poisitons just don't have a clue. They are generally straight out of university or college and it gives them a rather sheltered education about how business and the world works. However, it's not just younger people who cause problems like this, at my last workplace, the owner was about 75 and would often come in and threaten to fire everyone if he didn't think the place was making enough money. My responce was always "yeh go ahead, I'm rich I don't need to work here", however all my work mates had debt and obligations and were easily terrified. I ended up telling the idiot General Manager to move his brains over 2 inches and shove his job up his arse. Best. Decision. Ever.

Yeh, most 20 somethings who are put in management poisitons just don't have a clue. They are generally straight out of university or college and it gives them a rather sheltered education about how business and the world works. However, it's not just younger people who cause problems like this, at my last workplace, the owner was about 75 and would often come in and threaten to fire everyone if he didn't think the place was making enough money. My responce was always "yeh go ahead, I'm rich I don't need to work here", however all my work mates had debt and obligations and were easily terrified. I ended up telling the idiot General Manager to move his brains over 2 inches and shove his job up his arse. Best. Decision. Ever.

Exactly how I felt. At first I thought she was just a bit wet behind the ears and needed some time to grow, nope. It only got worse.

I was only one that could tell them to stuff it, the others are terrified of losing their jobs.

Edited by Harold

Good for you!....you've more than earned it.....been a long time coming, I'm sure. And equally sure your wife has a 'honey-do' list waiting on you...;)

Enjoy your "retirement"......safe bet you'll stay busy, but this time on your terms.....

Looking forward to more of your creations......(can you say P-61?....I knew you could....)

Best to you & your's...

Barnett

Good for you!....you've more than earned it.....been a long time coming, I'm sure. And equally sure your wife has a 'honey-do' list waiting on you... ;)

Enjoy your "retirement"......safe bet you'll stay busy, but this time on your terms.....

Looking forward to more of your creations......(can you say P-61?....I knew you could....)

Best to you & your's...

Barnett

Yeah, I am already looking at some of the things I want to do in resin. I have a lot of old projects I started years ago, I will pull some of those out and see if they will be worth messing with.

As soon as the P-61 is found to be needing goodies. I will definitely do something for it.

It doesn't sound as though you need it, but, as a six-year retiree, I'll pass on Tony Woollett's advice, when he knew that I was nearing that day. "For Chrissake, keep busy, and I don't mean at home; I've known many men, who've said that they could now relax, and just do the garden, and they were all dead within a year."

This is why I now haunt our National Archives and the RAF Museum; the occasional "Eureka" moment is like finding gold. Don't worry about your wife's "todo" list; in my experience, after a few months she'll be looking for ways to get you out from under her feet.

Edgar

As all the rest have said, Harold, Congrats. May life smile at you. Sharing more time with you here is a wonderful thing. I look foreward to new and exciting things for you and from you. Your friend, Harv

Congrats, Harold!

I decided that I wanted to be a pilot ever since I realized my Dad was one! I childhood dream that came through! But times change. Many of our competitors hired contract pilots on short term contracts. These pilots were registered as domiciled in "tax-free" places like Jersey, Isle of Man and such places. Accordingly, they were about half-price of us older geezers. Terms and conditions took a downward spiral towards the lowest level possible. As of 1st June this year, I'm prematurely retired on a very good pension scheme It's a different life and I should have taken this opportunity 3 years ago. 12 days into retirement and enjoying life tremendously! :piliot: :goodjob:

Stein