What Could Have Been

ironman1945

Guest Wing XL (Martin)

Hello all,

First I like to wish you all everybody a Happy New year. :D

And that you all will be able to spent a lot of time building new great models.

Herewith a small reply on above mentioned issues.

The B-25 Jeroen Veen build for me, is in MY possesion at this time.

Should there be a time I would decide to get rid of it, Jeroen Veen is the one who will get it back from me.

But it will remain in my collection for sure, as a remembrance of the indirect foundation of WingXL via Wingscale.

I must say Thomas made a nice build of the B-25 too.

Looks great.

Another was indeed sent to the IPMS USA, where it sadly crashed and was destroyed during the end of the build.

Indeed LSP did not receive a test shot of the Wingscale B-25.

But LSP will receive the WingXL example, when the appropriate time is there.

In the meantime we will figure out who of the LSP guys will get one for review, which will pose no problem at all I guess.

I met some nice LSP guys at Telford and had a nice talk with them, so I do not dare to "forget" them this time ! :oops: :sorry:

Regarding the discussion manufacturers tend to pre-inform about releases too much and then not releasing stuff.

Well.....yes...that happens.

But I think in general with good intentions, not to just "claim" their grounds.

It is a pity, but also understandable people getting anouyed by it.

At the end I think the plastic modeller is the big winner, because many models do appear in reality.

The more you talk about it, the more manufacturers will going to decide effentually really making it.

Just compare the 1/32 releases now against some years ago......we just should smile a lot :yahoo: .....and be happy about the increasing choices we are getting.

WingXL is proceeding as planned, with the items already mentioned before.

Regardless what other manufacturers are doing, that does not change our plans !!

Nothing cryptic about that.

So, just have fun..keep smiling...an interesting new year has started again.

Try to enjoy that.

Greetings,

Martin

Funny I was just saying much the same in a few other threads. Maybe I'll be proven wrong with my doubts over the P61 though. I still wonder though, why a P61.

Matty

I assume Hobby Boss is doing a P-61 in 1/32 because they already have one in 1/48. So they have most of the data, just need to rearrange and cut molds in a larger scale.

The 1/48 th kit has gotten pretty good reviews, although the cowl openings are too small in diameter. Hopefully they will fix this detail, and add a few more for our scale, when/if they do cut molds.

I woukd feel better though if I saw a review from someone like Derek who is vry familiar with the Widow...

I would feel better though if I saw a review from someone like Derek who is vry familiar with the Widow...

B) ...Always more than happy to oblige if someone would send me one, no matter what scale it is!:)

Derek

What could have been....Wingscale 1/32 B-25.

B25

Dave/Ironman1945

In reading through Tom's review of Martin's thwarted Wingscale B-25 --which unfortunately died aborning, I noticed that Tom briefly mentions Martin's new company, WingsXL and the revised kits Martin has planned under this brand. Included is a 1/32 B-17F. Hadn't heard about that one before. Was this particular B-17 just a passing fancy that was abandoned, a misunderstanding, or a heretofore unmentioned kit that's also slated for future release? Can anyone enlighted us?

On another closely related topic, thanks, Martin, for the update. Knowing that progress is being made is a big boost to our morale and gives us something special to look forward to. Doubtless, you are as dedicated to getting these new kits into production as we are anxious to buy them.

Jerry

Are you sure Ray? I'm pretty sure the recent new-tool 1/48 kit is from Great Wall Hobby, not Hobby Boss.

Kev

Crap! You are right, Kev!

All these new compaines, I am starting to lose track!

That does make it strange that it is Hobby Boss coming out with a 1/32nd one!

What could have been....Wingscale 1/32 B-25.

B25

Dave/Ironman1945

Martin would have been better teaming up with a manufacturer not in China.

I know they're cheap but they would sell their grandmother for a bowl of rice.

Graham

Hello Martin,

I am glad to hear that you still intend to make multi-engine kits in 1/32 scale.

I know how long it takes to get a new product out in industry so I have said nothing about the wait for your product.

Also, for me to keep my big mouth shut is a real accomplishment.

Well, I look forward to your new kits whenever you are able to get them into production.

All the best,

Stephen Auslender

Martin would have been better teaming up with a manufacturer not in XXX.

I know they're cheap but they would sell their grandmother for a XXX.

Graham

Rest assured those kinds of people you described live in each and every country and not just China...but then, we fundamentally already know that to be the truth.

Matty

Rest assured those kinds of people you described live in each and every country and not just China...but then, we fundamentally already know that to be the truth.

Matty

So true. Granted, China is particularly notorious among nations for its lack of business ethics, but the corporate world here in the U. S. isn't far behind. It's dog-eat-dog everywhere, and ethics be damned when there's money to be made. And if you're thinking about starting a company, make sure you have both a damn good lawyer and a top notch accountant in your corner.

Jerry

Just a minor suggestion:

It would be a favour to all if every thread headline would somehow point out what the content in general is about. What-ifs is close to Luft46 or WW3, which maybe is not that high on everybodys priority list. But an LSP Mitchell is, even a stalled one.

I. e.: I've missed this interesting topic. Don't know, how many members too.

:DodgeBall:

No pun intended.

- dutik