HELLDIVER!

big matt

Hi Matt,

The apple green looks fantastic.

I still can’t believe how many individual cut pieces of styrene there is.

Scratch build interior IS really coming to life, like those amo boxes and the pilot seat.

Christian

Hey Peter! My seat is invisible!!! No, just not in the pic yet.

Thanks for checking in Matt, I am having fun watching your F-80.

Thanks Mike!

Thanks Christian. The green is a mix of zc green and interior green with a fade of zc yellow. Pretty simple, and yes, there are a ton of parts in this thing. I was going to count them at first but quickly gave up on the idea.

Hey Fozzy! The engine is getting worked on. It is a combo of Trumpy parts and hand made stuff. Not ready for viewing just yet. Soon enough.

Got a little more work done on the pit. Nothing crazy yet but I did get the rear gun tub in there. That was fun but it fit like a charm. No weathering as the detail painting is not done yet. I am just tying to get the base colors in there. The turret is removable for now and just there for photos.

344c2586.jpg

86e73b54.jpg

bae36b78.jpg

d7e17a8b.jpg

bb9a7be6.jpg

5fa74005.jpg

087a26d4.jpg

a808efbe.jpg

That's it for now. My nerves are a bit shot so it's time for a pint!

Cheers

Hi Matt,

What a difference a paint makes to a project!

Sorry for all the questions just wondering what techniques and materials were used.

Was all the interior parts glued in when you paint them, ie. Throttle box and levers?

Or did paint them separately then glue them in?

Is the rear machine gunner turret a total scratch build?

How did you make the guns and the padding on the back of the gunner’s chair?

Looks Great,

Christian

a808efbe.jpg

Holy Cheese Whiz! That's Awesome!! It looked great in all white but in color its just WOW!! I've been lurking watching your project but this is just too cool to keep quiet. You really have me itching to pull out my paper models and get to work. I think a Constellation is at the top of my list now, just need to speed up that pesky Macchi! lol Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Get on that paper Willi!

Christian, no worries on the questions buddy. The turret is plastic mostly from the Trumpeter Dauntless kit. Curtis used the same turret ring and guns so it was simple and the turret ring fit the stops in my cockpit perfectly! No point in reinventing the wheel here. The paper kit turret is outstanding and I might do it just to do it. The cockpit was painted is is. All parts were glued in and painted through the holes and slots and whatever. It was not as hard as I thought and went quickly. It actually looks pretty good now that I have done some more detailing. Funny how it is easier to only have to paint what you can actually see. :wicked:

Oh Dave, that Connie will be HUGE!!!!! What a cool project that would be. 32sig is doing the vac EC121 here and it is awesome.

Thanks for looking in Ron. Crazy matt is on the loose.

Thanks Marek, I am blown away by your work on the big cat. After seeing that thing in person at the lhs, I am even more impressed.

Sir Phil! Thank you.

Hey Tomek! Nice to hear form you pal. One hurdle at a time. When do we get to see the castor oil go in that engine of yours??? Just glanced at that CBGB postcard on my fridge. Might need to listen to some Ramones later... :punk:

Not sure when I can update next. Lots of other stuff in the way. Hopefully soon.

In between messes I managed to fit in some time for the big beast. I needed to get the instrument panel made so that I could skin the forward section of the fuselage and then tackle the wheel wells. This is the mess I made. I also managed to get a bit more painting done in the cockpit. Still needs a clear coat but we are getting there.

Sorry for the pic heavy post.

5981652b.jpg

1f3bd3ef.jpg

I used a Quickboost Mk VIII resin sight. No reinventing the wheel here.

9c0140c2.jpg

642fdda4.jpg

3c4c13c4.jpg

1c93c2ed.jpg

1afd9e8a.jpg

f97ed487.jpg

Last but not least, a little artistic license...

52f048c8.jpg

Gotta be silly from time to time.