HELLDIVER!

big matt

Ohhh they got all kinds of cool things there Brian. That offy was nice and so was Mickey Thompson's Blue Streak. They even have Billy Gibbons Cadzilla!

Thanks for looking in Fiedotow, go ahead and start scratchin!

Get ready for another spellbinder of an update! Installed the other wheel well and started the skinning process again. This is a bit more fiddly and I hope it turns out ok. I will need some putty for sure on the leading edges.

3eed021e.jpg

60696654.jpg

Here is some skin on the left side. It takes another skin over this one.

4487d927.jpg

077cbcf6.jpg

954459a1.jpg

I want to get the wings done up soon. The wells are a real pain so we will see.

I want to get the wings done up soon. The wells are a real pain so we will see.

Are you going to improve the wing structure to better support skins? Is it going to be something similar what you've done in the fuselage?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Thanks for the comments guys!

Yes Tomek, I will making either ribs or stringers for the wings. I cut the main wing sheet out and formed it over the wing and ran into trouble right away. I will need to do some engineering to get the look of the wing right.

Also, the leading edge slat needs to be made. The area behind the slat is done as they will be deployed. At this point, I am still able to fold the wings if I choose. It is tempting but I am still not sure.

Guest Peterpools

Matt

Nothing like cubic inches and untold horsepower! Got a love it!

Some guys have their friends in all the right places.

:speak_cool: :speak_cool:

Peter

Hi Matt

I have now returned from my break from UK ...so I can now settle down and follow this fantastic project in the comfort of my office!...WOW!!:o ...This has really come on!...I just love this build.

Those wheel wells look extremely difficult to do....well actually the whole thing looks difficult to do but you seemed to have nailed it!

Keep it going.....fabulous ;)

Horsepower is right Peter! I hope to be posting some pics of my newest Large Scale Project this weekend. We will see. :evil_laugh:

Hey Richard, thanks for looking in. It has become addicting, you are right.

Loic! Long time no hear!!! Hope things are well. Your Kate served as inspiration for me from the day you started it. A really fantastic build, everyone should check it out.

Hey Martin! Thank you for the kind words. The wells were really tricky and I am not completely happy with them but they will do. The difficulty came in keeping the plastic thin to get close to scale. I should have done them in brass and soldered the mess together. Maybe next time.

The big beast has slowed a bit as I have had virtually no time in the past days for modeling. I hope to do some more work soon but we will have to see.

Thanks again to everyone for their kind remarks, it is really appreciated.

Cheers,

Matt

Hi,

I am doing perfect my friend, thanks for asking.

I actually only faced a "deadly" combination of real life stoppers (kids, home duty, work) those last 2 years.

I miss modelling so I shall be back someday ;)

Anyway, the beast looks beasty :goodjob:

• 2 months later...