Hobby Boss 1/32 Spitfire Vb at Nuremburg

Kagemusha

But I also look at it like this.........Tamiya, Hasegawa, WnW, WS and such all must face the almost exact same daunting business challenges HB/Trumpy faces, yet not once have I ever seen any threads about the possibility of a TamHasWnWWS kit being off.........as though there isnt even that chance.

I would think that facing similar challenges and with the same amounts of references out there available to all manufacturers, that if its possible for a company to produce consistently accurate kits with a WnW type rep for accuracy, that it would be at least possible for all.

We must always bear in mind any possible differences in attitudes of the relevant authorities in the countries concerned. Staff in Japan, Russia, etc., have no restrictions placed on their ability to travel and view the relevant subject; now, I have no knowledge (or way of knowing) of the opportunities (or otherwise) for Chinese nationals to travel freely, but, if they're restricted to only what's preserved in their country, and what's available on the net, and in books, the potential for ****-ups is vast. We now know, for instance, that their Lightnings match a dud set of drawings in a commercially-available book; how would a Chinese national know that they can't be trusted? We have the same situation with the Spitfire; there are far more dud drawings than there are usable examples, and I doubt that there are many Vs (or any other Marks) sitting in China. This is why I feel that the more help is offered to Trumpeter and Hobbyboss, the more our hobby will benefit; if their management feels that our information is likely to be trustworthy, and they can trust us to keep quiet, when necessary, who knows how things could develop?

Edgar

All right you lot. I'm keeping my eye on you <_<

... and having a good laugh (Thanks Tim)

But honestly, NO model on this planet is perfect. If they were, they'd be no fun (or we'd all just find something else to whine about)

If we wait till Hobbyboss releases it and Edgar says it's not a complete dud, it'll be good enough for me!

All right you lot. I'm keeping my eye on you <_<

... and having a good laugh (Thanks Tim)

But honestly, NO model on this planet is perfect. If they were, they'd be no fun (or we'd all just find something else to whine about)

If we wait till Hobbyboss releases it and Edgar says it's not a complete dud, it'll be good enough for me!

Those are my thoughts exactly!:clap2:

In that case I'll build one.

cheers

Oh, I get it, I'm the guinea pig, then (unless someone is generously going to offer to buy one, for me to look at?) :deadhorse: Thought not. :tumble:

Edgar

Oh, I get it, I'm the guinea pig, then (unless someone is generously going to offer to buy one, for me to look at?) :deadhorse: Thought not. :tumble:

Edgar

Now THAT's an idea ! All the guys who want to buy a new-tool Spit (not me, sorry, whatever the mark) donate a modicum sum to a "CHECK THE SPIT (tin' ?) ACCURACY FUND", with which Edgar will buy one and say "YEAH" or "NAYH" ! If it's yes, you 've made Edgar happy for a few dimes, if it's no, you've saved yourself the shame of having spent more on a "lemon"!

My (free) contribution to THE QUESTION :punk: :whistle:...

Hubert.

I been busy with wifey here and of late so excuse me if it has already been posted but when is the Mk V due out or is it already out??

Still coming, Dave. No exact ETA from Hobbyboss yet.

I'd almost lay you money that wasn't actually the HB Spit V that was on display. If it were, they'd have shown sprues as well. Often (and often very stupidly) manufacturers show mockups, or someone else's kit painted up on their stands at shows like this. People blast away at the "inaccurate" kit, only to find out that the actual kit doesn't exist yet. I'm hoping that's the case here, otherwise they're going to very deservedly be shot down in masses of flames. Whatever it was they had on display is pretty awful looking.

J

Thank you Jennings, a great point. :speak_cool:

I'd almost lay you money that wasn't actually the HB Spit V that was on display. If it were, they'd have shown sprues as well. Often (and often very stupidly) manufacturers show mockups, or someone else's kit painted up on their stands at shows like this.

I fear that you'd lose your money, unless you can tell me of another 1/32 Vb, which has full engine detail + armament + droppable flaps + opening radio hatch + inscribed panel detail? Once again, we seem to have a queue forming, with people (who should know better) ready to damn a model on the viewing of a few photos; really, at times the modelling world depresses me beyond measure.

Edgar

Edited by Edgar Brooks

I fear that you'd lose your money, unless you can tell me of another 1/32 Vb, which has full engine detail + armament + droppable flaps + opening radio hatch + inscribed panel detail? Once again, we seem to have a queue forming, with people (who should know better) ready to damn a model on the viewing of a few photos; really, at times the modelling world depresses me beyond measure.

Edgar

I agree Edgar and it is always the same people who must have nothing better in life to do other than to moan, look on other forums and you will see the same names time and time again moaning about everything. I just wish those individuals who are mighty' er than I would use thier tallents to actually produce the perfect kit!!

I'll get off of my soap box now!

John

Edited by tigger

OK, I'll bite!! In a parallel universe, I'm designing a kit of a 1:48th scale A34 Comet tank. I've kept my potential customers up to date with both CAD images and pics of the masters as they progressed, and they in return have been generous with their comments and suggestions on how to improve the design and, this is the important bit, BEFORE I start making any moulds. It works!! I get feedback when I can use it, they get a kit that hopefully fullfils their expectations, and also a sense that they have contributed to its development. Which they most certainly have done! If the process works for little me, it could work for any of the big manufacturers too. Our customer base is essentially the same nowadays, with no 'pocket money' market to speak of any more.

Have a look at http://www.track48.com/shop/forum.htm and look for the thread entitled 'Comet Progress' .

Tim

Edited by wunwinglow

It's all well and good to promote a "don't bash a kit until you have it in hand", however this seems a bit "head in the sand" to me when clear photos of test shots or porduction kits are in hand - otherwise why do manufacturers bother to even show test shots at shows if not to showcase their latest and greatest offerings and generate discussion (hopefully favorable for the manufacturer)

While I see absoultely no cause or value in outright "X-manufacturer sucks" or "X-manufacturer really screwed up this time" type comments, I think there is indeed value in pointing out potential problem spots. A rational, objective - adult - discussion of these items is helpful to everyone in determining a) if there is a potential issue; and B) how "serious" that potential issue might be to one's own enjoyment of said kit. Potential customers can also decide if they want to order site unseen, or wait until someone (guinea pig) gets one and gives a more detailed appraisal, or even dismiss it outright.

Cheers,

Doug

Edgar

Have a look around before buying http://www.relishmodels.co.uk/hobby-boss-1-32-supermarine-spitfire-mk-vb.html?utm_source=General+List&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Relish+Models+Newsletter+23rd+December&utm_content=andrewbirnie99%40btinternet.com v http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/HB83205