Hobby Boss 1/32 Spitfire Vb at Nuremburg

Kagemusha

But they only ever used one.... :rolleyes:

Just got mine from Sprue Bros and it looks pretty good to me. I'm sure there are those around who are dying to nit-pick the kit and I'm sure there are errors but right now I can see no show stoppers. The windscreen is composed of two parts with or without the additional armored panel. No matter what, IMHO it clearly beats the Hasegawa and Revell items. It does nor meet the Tamiya kit but for roughly half the cost. Cost benefit analysis leans toward the Hobby Boss item. :clap2:

I have bought one of these kits and I have to say I am quite pleased with it! Of course the curved portion of the front canopy piece looks a bit "off" and the horizontal stabs need to be sanded down due to their unexplained ribbing. Apart from that, I see nothing wrong with this kit and there is nothing there that wouldn't stop me from buying another.

Its a nice kit of a Spitfire, Its well detailed with lots of features that are not present in other kits. I like it!

• 6 months later...

OK THIS is OCT, This thread started in FEB. I am gathering the Kit was released APR-ish. My Reason for searching it out is that I just received EDUARD's Nov Flyer for their current release's and they Feature their "BIGED" for this Kit !!!!!!!!

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd...........WOWOOOOOWWWWWW !!! WOWOWOWOWWOWOWWWWWOOOWWWW !!!! Alot of Shinizzle for a SPIT Cockpit. All the stuff you normally have seen before in build threads of "Uber" Builds painfully scratched by master builders who have struggled to make the best of the previous Revell & Hasegawa Mk.Vb kit releases, in to ALL that they Could BE ! Of course like all of the rest of us waaaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond a simple common kit builder's experience & craftsmanship like me.

SO long story short to see ALL that PE detail & more for this Kit has made me "search" this Kit out. I normally ignore Spit releases since I built one as a teenager 3/4 in to the Last Century ! I used to have my GrandFather fill it with Exhaled, Second Hand Smoke from his cigerette and "FLY-It" all around the room with my hand trailing "smoke" from the cockpit as I used to mime, rat-a-tat-tat, brrrrrruuuuuroooom, cough, brap !

I simply haven't been as interested in building another one as much as I have been in ALL of hte Latest newest 32nd releases which we all have been graced with as late, Ta-152's, TBM's, SBD's, IL-2's, P-40B's, Skyraiders, Mig23's, Ju-88's, He-111's etc, etc, etc, (NOT EVEN TO Mention The Explosion of WWI releases in Large Scale !!!)

I realized Tamiya's Spit is in line with ZM's Super Wing Series and in the Tradition of their now Ancient Anniversary Zero Release ( and Yes Still some places a $300.00 Dollar Kit for the CD Sound & Motorized version) But Seriously I think it is important to recognize it is a "Mk.IXc" SPIT. !!!

If it's one thing I ve seen with regard to Spit Releases and "SPIT" Fanatic's the version, Mod SPIT is of Huge Significance to them !!

Bottom line a "Mk.Vb" is NOT a Mk.IXc From my Limited Internet search it appears the Mk.Vb was a common production model which FIlled the Gap to correct the Problems of the Orginal early war Mk.I's & Mk.II's with a New Engine while they worked to solve the design problems to bring the Hybrid High AlT MK.IXc in to existence.

Meanwhile the Mk.Vb earning a significant place in History actually Fighting the War while the Engineers & manufactures, toiled.

SO TO me After seeing the BIGED I am ready to take the Plunge and YES Actualy Divert Much Precious Hobby funds to Aquiring "another" SPIT to apply all that PE to !!!

Yours MIke

There's a nice build of one here Mike http://fighters.forumactif.com/t48162-re-1-32-hobbyboss-supermarine-spitfire-mkv and it truly pains me to say it, but the centre canopy section looks all wrong.

It's a very nicely built model, but am afraid I'll have to agree with you. Nothing against Trumpeter, but personally, I'll wait until someone else does a better looking one :)

Edited by DougN