My first Mustang!

Tango1

Hello Everyone,

I was just finishing off this build when I was pointed in the direction of this site! This is my 1/32 Hobbycraft P-51A Mustang, named "Sweet Eva Lee" She was based in North Africa as an armed Photo-Recce bird during 1943 and served in Operation Torch. I did a little extra work to this model by adding spares to the cockpit, drilling out the exhausts, adding a scratch-built P/R camera and dropping the radiator flaps. The base is home made and the figure is by Masterbox.

I first learnt of this aircraft when I bought my first book about model building, it was built in the form of the accurate miniatures kit and to my eye it looked utterly fantastic! For years I wanted to build my own "Eva Lee" and when Hobbycraft released the P-51A in those markings I could not resist. I had a wonderful experience building this old Mustang and learnt a few new tricks along the way. I hope you enjoy the pics, please feel free to let me know what you think.

Kindest regards,

Darren.

Eva Lee as she was in North Africa during 1943:

P-51BEvaLee.jpg

The finished model:

DSCF0036.jpg

DSCF0017.jpg

DSCF0026.jpg

DSCF0027.jpg

DSCF0023.jpg

DSCF0006.jpg

DSCF0039.jpg

Love it! :clap2:

Very nicely done. :)

Don't get to see many of these actually finished; I've got them all in my stash and not one started.

Great Work!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Barry