Hasegawa Ki-43-I

LSP_Mike

I'm not sure how, but suddenly I got the urge to finish this kit. The urge only took 3 months to complete. Finally, after all these beers, my Ki-43-I which was started using Dave Thompsons resin bits, and which he never got to see. Here's one for you Dave. This is a home defence Hayabusa, in the middle of September, left on an airfield somewhere in Japan. Obsolete,functional, uneeded,unwanted, except for the value of the metal, and components.

006-2.jpg

005-2.jpg

004-1.jpg

Thanks for all the positive comments! A long time to get here, and as Keith said"hooray".

Kev, Dave Thompson did the resin cowling, and type 1 exhuast bits, spinner, and flat-top canopy. The engine was wired as close to spec as I could make it, and the 'pit is done per Jap cockpits by Mikesh.(all plumbed and wired)

I sprayed 4-5 shades of ALCLAD on, and then used that gummy masking crap which I slathered all over, painted in a couple of shades of IJA green, and then rubbed off the gooey stuff. I actually found 4 pics of one plane being serviced, with pics from both sides of the same plane. That was sort of the inspiration for the paint scheme.

First: scribe job(way too deep)

'pit plumbing,and wiring, and guages.

heavy duty chipped effect.

I learned a lot on this one. She is not close to a lot of the work I see here, but it's the journey....

• 4 weeks later...