The Dragon Mustang is starting to suck the LIFE OUT OF ME!

robertandy

I built one and had no major issues with the assembly........How much trouble did you have building yours?

Most of my problems are of my own making (note the post about 10 pages on just the engine in WIP) I have trouble building anything straight out of the box and like to correct things. As has been noted the Dragon P-51 has a lot of "issues" but really none are terrible. I think I just decided to build on too grand of a scale for the base kit, well not really there are some beautiful build here. I just need to sit back relax and tackle it with a fresh frame of mind. Of course I screwed up the seat trying to heat form a thinner one, so not sure how to fix that, but I'll figure something out!

Rob

Most of my problems are of my own making (note the post about 10 pages on just the engine in WIP) I have trouble building anything straight out of the box and like to correct things. As has been noted the Dragon P-51 has a lot of "issues" but really none are terrible. I think I just decided to build on too grand of a scale for the base kit, well not really there are some beautiful build here. I just need to sit back relax and tackle it with a fresh frame of mind. Of course I screwed up the seat trying to heat form a thinner one, so not sure how to fix that, but I'll figure something out!

Rob

Rob,

My question was actually directed toward Jennings.......curious what issues he had building his.

Just keep plugging away at it. Despite its issues, it does build into a very nice model.

Dave

Hey Rob, really sorry to hear of your woes with this one. I guess since this is just supposed to be a hobby we should all take it easy and not get steamed up but it's easier said than done.

In my limited experience, putting the thing to one side and walking away is often the best solution. Even leaving it for a single day can reap rewards and leave you wondering what all the fuss was about.

I'm sure your Mustang will be as good as the Dragon P-51 can ever be.

If I were you, unless you really have to have a 1/32 P-51D model this year, I'd probably trash the Dragon kit and just sit on my hands....

:)

;)

Hey Jennings, are you doing artwork for Tamiya? I've noticed you mention waiting for a while on a number of P-51 threads across the net and one in particular was regarding future Tamiya releases.........

So, we can look forward to a P-51D to the same standard as the Spitfire MkIX/VIII then?

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy........ :yahoo:

It could be worse Rob...It could be the Doyusha kit! ;)

As modellers, we are pretty good (generally) at sizing up the amount of work we intend to put into any given modelling project...Other problems arise during the build. If you are determined to finish this kit to a standard that satisfies you (the proverbial rod for our own back), then lose the dead line and just persevere with it in small chunks (in between other builds if you wish) - This may go some way to preserving your sanity.

Cheers

Derek

Woke up this morning feeling better about the whole thing, we'll see how things progress, probably won't have much build time this week so that will make for a good break. I still think it is a decent kit, and looking at ones built up here keeps me going!

Rob

Hey Jennings, are you doing artwork for Tamiya? I've noticed you mention waiting for a while on a number of P-51 threads across the net and one in particular was regarding future Tamiya releases.........

So, we can look forward to a P-51D to the same standard as the Spitfire MkIX/VIII then?

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy........ :yahoo:

right, i am not doing ANYTHING Mustang related now i know that!!

saving my pennies for Tamiya-san's P-51!!!

;)

Nick

I have heard of no such thing but could only dream...........

Im in the midst of a Has P-51 that has fought me tooth and nail every step of the way. The Tam spit is AWESOME and I will eventually probably get one, but Id LOVE to see Tamiya come out with a mustang as im sure MANY would. If Tamiya was worried about putting the kind of R & D money into a new kit like they did with the spit, without it being a money maker, I seriously dont think they would have to worry about that if they put out a P-51. May even be a bigger hit then their spit........which is one of the best aircraft kits on the market in any scale IMHO.

Brian

I agree with you here Brian. I think that a Tamiya Spitfire-quality 1/32 P-51D kit would be a license to print money.

Kev

No other way to say it...........Period.

It would have the potential (if up to the same standards as the spit of course) to not only possibly be one of their best sellers ever, but also one of the best aircraft kits available. It would DEFINITELY be the definitive Mustang, again in ANY scale, Period.

Brian

The rumour of a Tamiya Mustang is so old I won't believe any more talk about it until I see the box in person...

You are correct of course but this persistant rumour has stopped me from work on my resin kit or any more corrections on any Mustang as just the resurgence of the rumour killed all sales for my Dragon kit corrections. There is also the possibilty that this on-going rumour has killed any other plastic companies ideas of an up-graded P-51 kit. Then ,of course,these are all just possibilities. Which is my point...I guess...see what I mean?