Bf109K-4, I./KG (J)6, Bohemia, May 1945

Thank you, Kevin.  I know what you mean.  It has been trying.  The only reason I'm attempting it is because I found it and thought I'd try it.  I won't be doing this again in 1/32.  I'd like to try my hand at 1/24, tho.  It should be easier.

Thank you, Jerry.  It only took me three tries on the locker to get it to the point of picture-taking.  Now that I know what I know the fourth time should be a charm.  I hope so. 

The well work was a little different this time as I laminated the structural piece onto the base whereas the last time I had scribed its' impression into the base.

Thank you all.

Sincerely,

Mark

Guest Peterpools

Mark

Hope the fix works so you don't have to rebuild the entire door assembly. I am always amazed at your detailed and incredible work

Peter

• 3 weeks later...

Peter, I've found it's better to start over than it is to try to fix something that doesn't work.  So that's what I did.

DSCN7242_zps6abc5def.jpg

Outboard back.  The front outboard corner is a blurry picture so I will reshoot that and post it later, but for the most part it looks similar to this.  Mechanism wire is invisible thread.  Conduit and wiring are located.  Conduit is solder, wiring is PC communications wire threaded thru wire insulation, which is glued in place. 

DSCN7243_zpsb2f52b7f.jpg

Inside back.  The retraction wire is just glued inside the wing.  Conduit fasteners are flattened solder.  Flattened solder is flexible so I was able to roll it around the round solder before trimming the excess and gluing in place.  Their fastening end are a little long.  Oh well.

One wheel well down, one to go.

Thanks for looking in.

Sincerely,

Mark

Guest Peterpools

Mark

OMG .. absolutely amazing! Thinking about it, you're 100% correct, that re-doing the assembly is the right way to go and doesn't force you to make compromises.

Just blown away with the detail in the wheel wells and inside the wing! :thumbsup:

Brilliant work Brother Bear, just brilliant

Peter

Thank you , Shep.  I am honored.

Thank you, Peter.  I'm there, Brother Bear!

Thank you, Jerry.  High praise, indeed.

Thank you, Kevin.  It took long enough to do it again!

Thank you, Jamme.  It's been a long time since I've heard your voice.  Thank you for stopping by.

I was able to take a better photo of the front outboard aspect of the well.  I also threw in two photos of the finished ETC rack.

DSCN7248_zps81a62b3b.jpg

I made a spring from PC communications cable wire and threaded a straight piece of wire thru it, bending the ends to insert into drilled holes.  A simple solution.  It was beyond me to make the spring with bent ends all-in-one.  The spring itself is 3mm long.

DSCN7247_zps9067d323.jpg

This was just a repeat of an earlier work.  I reused the grommets and rack shell but remade everything else inside the rack.  I removed and repositioned the stand-offs to match up better to the anti-sway legs.

DSCN7245_zps3cad6403.jpg

Other side.  I'm reusing the drop tank as well.  Some minor denting about the nose in this and the previous photo.

Thank you ever so much for looking in and your generous comments.  You really are the best!

Sincerely,

Mark

Edited by dodgem37

Thank you, gentlemen.

Hakan, 31 pages and over 3-1/2 years; A long road any way you look at it.  I never expected to still be doing this build this long.  I have been tempted to do another scheme, but real or not, I like this scheme and I do like that red, so this is it.

Sincerely,

Mark

Edited by dodgem37