T-33 just landed

Harold

Thanks..will post a list with finished pics of the CT-133 for comparison.

Probably think I'm a bit weird,but it just brings the frustratiion back experienced on the other sites over a long time.builds up.

This is the only site I hang out at now..and for the reasons you pointed out,it is "laid back" here,hope it stays that way.

Another pre-Thanks for your future list. There are enough differences between the Shooting Star and the Canadair Silver Star that a good list would help a lot of people out. :BANGHEAD2:

Gary

kit in hand for the Red Knight T-Bird

Another pre-Thanks for your future list. There are enough differences between the Shooting Star and the Canadair Silver Star that a good list would help a lot of people out. :BANGHEAD2:

Gary

kit in hand for the Red Knight T-Bird

Be more than happy to.they are a bit different.have even cast those little upper forward vents for it..will send some to Harold with the rails.beleive me,they're a pain to make.

Be more than happy to.they are a bit different.have even cast those little upper forward vents for it..will send some to Harold with the rails.beleive me,they're a pain to make.

Send 'em, I know the guys like what you do for them....

Visited the museum here in St Louis today. As you can see, it was an overcast, gloomy day, not perfect for picture taking; but I did my best. I have 12 other images that reveal some interesting details. i'll post those later, if that's acceptable to the staff.

post-8159-1274042943.jpg

Visited the museum here in St Louis today. As you can see, it was an overcast, gloomy day, not perfect for picture taking; but I did my best. I have 12 other images that reveal some interesting details. i'll post those later, if that's acceptable to the staff.

Hi Kevin

Pylon' planes always reveal some interesting underside details...please let us know..

Thx

Raphael

Here is the next step...I still have to add the trim strip in the foot trough.

More details to the side walls and the rear foot troughs.

Then on to the other side...whew!

T-33nextstep-1.jpg

T-33nextstep2-1.jpg

Can anyone comment of the fit of this kit yet? I have heard from a local guy that it is worse than the P-80. Wing to fuse and the air intakes are brutal. Anyone else find this?

Brad

Can anyone comment of the fit of this kit yet? I have heard from a local guy that it is worse than the P-80. Wing to fuse and the air intakes are brutal. Anyone else find this?

Brad

Well here's my list Brad.

The three biggest nit picks for me.. #1...The real fuselage has a very gentle outside curve,hence the slight curve to the base of the canopy,kit is a straight sided chute along cockpit.hard to put curved sills in place,plus the canopy(although it has the outside curve)if placed on a flat piece of glass, is a rocking chair.can't sand it flat without loosing the bottom frame line.when canopy is placed on kit the sills extend up inside almost to top of the lower canopy frame.plus.. back end and housing are the wrong shape altogether(where the two join)..huge problem for rails,but I,m workin on it.Grrrr. upper canopy curve is good.#2 The wing root on the real bird is a sweeping curve without any real stops,quite an open curve as well which means it covers quite an area(distance) between the fus.and the surface of the wing,the kit drops abruptly then goes out 90' flat to wing,kit has a very bad wing to fuselage join line.on the real bird the join is also a curved line and moves inboard toward the leading edge ..easy(sorta) fix..lots of filler and sculpting and scribing.#3 The real Intake trunking extends aft only to 1/3 of the cord of the wing ,and is fairly straight.the kit extends 2/3 the cord and is slightly curved. in my opinion really detracts from the overall look.it also effects the wing root join(see #2) . Correcting these three points(only in my opinion) will really change and improve the look of this model. Secondary points... rudder should be 2mm wider .nose gear doors are too slim.upper engine intake panels too narrow(right length though).diameter of wing tanks still looks slightly too small to me.. they look a bit too pointy at both ends,and stab fin is flat.they got pretty close(ya maybe closer than I did ..but mine still look good in place and have better detailing..not fictitious,thats up to you..some odd lines and rivets on the fus.,but that's an easy. tip of vertical fin is not half round,has an aft taper to it.engine access panel line looks to far aft.and Brad,the fit of the intakes is just miserable,worst I've seen in a long time.wing to fus. is bad as well.the one I,m going over has the two fus. halves splayed out at the top,will have to clamp them.But it is a T-33 and I,m grateful to have something to work with. kit measures 37' 5" not including exhaust pipe..real bird is 37' 8" .. Hope I don't get raped..and didn't sound like some pissy "know it all".

30.jpg

0973624.jpg

Thanks for the info William.

I think this is what we need when there is a new kit out. I good run down of things that could make it more accurate. But, up to the modeler how much they want to do on it.

That's a great review of whats wrong with the kit and the photos are a big plus....Thanks..... :thumbsup: ....Now to the fixing whats wrong as best we can ti wind up with a better model in the end.....

The cockpit is really taking shape Harold... :evil_laugh:

Texas :thumbsup: