Trumpy F4U Corsair Cowling

ladder4boy

Hi

As far as I heard talking here, Derek Bradshaw planned to produce a correct F4U-1A/1D front cowl, not?

:speak_cool:

raphael

Correct Raphael. Just clearing Vasko's P-40F/L nose conversion out of the way, and a new F4U-1 cowling is going to be my first pattern (Chris is very welcomed to master and cast his own if he wishes to :o - Good luck). Originally, I was going to just make a new replacement cowl intake, but I have since decided to make the whole cowling, including new cowl flaps.

Cheers

Derek

Don't know if you can get these decals from your side of the pond, but this is probably the best place for you in the UK: http://www.modelsforsale.com/catalog/produ...oducts_id=78426

Squadron Mail Order's online catalog lists that sheet but shows it to be temporarily out of stock there. Just for the record: markings for Kepford's "White 29" were included also in Revell kit H-278, in 21st Century Toys kit 22104, and on Eagle Strike sheet 32048 -- all of which are now out of production, unfortunately.

Charles Metz

To Chris and Derek B. Whom ever makes the replacement cowl and cowl flabs put me down for 4. Yes I have the many Revell and Trump F4U-1 in the waiting pile. I was going to copy what Chris had done in his F4U-1 Birdcage build and make my own castings, but If you have everything set up go for it.

Correct Raphael. Just clearing Vasko's P-40F/L nose conversion out of the way, and a new F4U-1 cowling is going to be my first pattern (Chris is very welcomed to master and cast his own if he wishes to ;) - Good luck). Originally, I was going to just make a new replacement cowl intake, but I have since decided to make the whole cowling, including new cowl flaps.

Cheers

Derek

To Chris and Derek B. Whom ever makes the replacement cowl and cowl flabs put me down for 4. Yes I have the many Revell and Trump F4U-1 in the waiting pile. I was going to copy what Chris had done in his F4U-1 Birdcage build and make my own castings, but If you have everything set up go for it.

Wow! looks like it is a hot nice subject by there :m0152: I like it.

Derek, you can count me for x4 of that babies...

:o

raphael

I'd be down for one as well.. This kit is seriously stashed until i get everything lined up to make it work. Already have the AM cockpit.. Vector Engine, AM wheel wells.. waiting on the new landing gear to come out.. now all i need is the cowl and i'll have 200 bucks worth of aftermarket to correct a 80 dollar kit! LOL.. Now all i need is a source for Kepfords markings and a year and a half to build the thing! Still have to get the prop, spinner and wheels from Jerry Rutman tho.. it never ends....

I have the Kepford markings from the Corsair Charles noted; if you'd like, PM me with an address, and I'll send them to you as I won't be using them.

It occurs to me from reading this thread, that there are so many Corsairs that are awaiting parts. I too have the Trump kit with a liberal amount of AM waiting for “the day”; how odd. :speak_cool: