Trumpy F4U Corsair Cowling

ladder4boy

Is anybody making a corrected Cowling for the Trumpy Corsair? I know the general consensus is to replace it with the revell one.. was just wondering if anyone in the aftermarket biz had jumped on this yet?

Here you go.... www.mastercasters.co.uk/2.html

I think ladder4boy was asking about a replacement for the Trumpeter Corsair's cowling rather than a replacement for its cowling flaps. If so, my answer would be "not to the best of my knowledge."

Charles Metz

I think ladder4boy was asking about a replacement for the Trumpeter Corsair's cowling rather than a replacement for its cowling flaps. If so, my answer would be "not to the best of my knowledge."

Charles Metz

Which is a real shame, a replacement would sell very well. My kit lays in it's box in the stash waiting until I can find a Revell offering. If there was a "good" AM cowl I would buy at least two.

Ron

I'll make the master if someone floats me a guinna pig Revell cowling since I've done the mod before. I can replicate what I did and rescribe etc, then someone else could make molds and cast.

Takers for the doner cowling?

Takers for the mold making/casting?

I'll make the master if someone floats me a guinna pig Revell cowling since I've done the mod before. I can replicate what I did and rescribe etc, then someone else could make molds and cast.

Takers for the doner cowling?

Takers for the mold making/casting?

I’ve got a Revell cowling I could part with for “the cause”. As far as I recollect however, I have sanded smooth to prepare for scribing. Is this a problem?

I dont have a Revell cowl to offer up but some of my hard earned money would DEFINITELY be come your way if a Trumpy F4U cowl was produced...........

FOW-SHOW! (AKA- fow-show or for sure) :BANGHEAD2:

Cheers,

Brian

I'd be down for one as well.. This kit is seriously stashed until i get everything lined up to make it work. Already have the AM cockpit.. Vector Engine, AM wheel wells.. waiting on the new landing gear to come out.. now all i need is the cowl and i'll have 200 bucks worth of aftermarket to correct a 80 dollar kit! LOL.. Now all i need is a source for Kepfords markings and a year and a half to build the thing! Still have to get the prop, spinner and wheels from Jerry Rutman tho.. it never ends....

That would save me a step :BANGHEAD2: If someone can offer to cast it and make some copies we're good to go!

I've got a Revell cowling I could part with for "the cause". As far as I recollect however, I have sanded smooth to prepare for scribing. Is this a problem?

Seems we might have a caster for this project :BANGHEAD2:

There are PMs flying about, stay tuned...

Found a Revell cowling in the stash too...so I'm set for the master, thanks Typhoonattack1!