The Black Project Discussion

song

On the subject of "automatic gear up sequencing" things could get hairy in the past, still remember an incident in my "old airforce days" were the 104 had the same "gadget", the nose gear retracted because the nose itself tilted into the air because of a "bump" in the runway or something like that, but the aircraft didn't reach rotation speed yet and so it pitched down again, but.....the nose gear retracted already, so it was a loooong screetch sliding to a halt......

But on the subject itself, the Bucc, i also hope we'll see this fantastic jet in 32nd scale, should be awesome.... :speak_cool:

J.

BTW, John, when did you visit Laarbruch, were you stationed there? I was stationed at Volkel AB, west of EDUL!

On the subject of "automatic gear up sequencing" things could get hairy in the past, still remember an incident in my "old airforce days" were the 104 had the same "gadget", the nose gear retracted because the nose itself tilted into the air because of a "bump" in the runway or something like that, but the aircraft didn't reach rotation speed yet and so it pitched down again, but.....the nose gear retracted already, so it was a loooong screetch sliding to a halt......

But on the subject itself, the Bucc, i also hope we'll see this fantastic jet in 32nd scale, should be awesome.... :speak_cool:

J.

BTW, John, when did you visit Laarbruch, were you stationed there? I was stationed at Volkel AB, west of EDUL!

Early EE Lightnings suffered from this problem as well initially.

Derek

J.

Hi Jack

I was not stationed there I was stationed at JHQ Rheindahlen but my job meant that I was almost always on the road and one of the many places I worked was Laarbruch. Never got to Vokel but did many customs jobs on the F-16 from there on duty free Beer and cigarette runs into Germany.

John

Since we are all in a Buccing good mood :speak_cool: here is a trip down memory lane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFWwe5F8cDE

Graham.

Hi Graham

most of the footage of the RAf planes was shot as a recruiting film for the RAF and was accompanied by the Vangellis track "To the unknown man. "

Try this one

This really brings back memories!! a real piece of nostalgia for me and my wife who I met when we were both in the ATC

John

Hi Graham

most of the footage of the RAf planes was shot as a recruiting film for the RAF and was accompanied by the Vangellis track "To the unknown man. "

Try this one

This really brings back memories!! a real piece of nostalgia for me and my wife who I met when we were both in the ATC

John

I agree with you John (I also met my wife whilst serving in the RAF as well - She was a WRAF at RAF Binbrook :speak_cool:).

Derek

Hi Graham

Try this one

John

Blimey, I've not seen that video for years, last time was in the careers office way back when. They asked me what I'd like to fly, I said F-4. They had quite a choice then, F-4, Bucc, Lightning, GR1, F3, Harrier, Jag. By the time I got in it was down to F3, GR1/4, Harrier and Jag, no I see it's down to 3!

I note "the Boss" went on to become Chief of the Air Staff and had an affair with an actress!

ok just my 2 cents.

& you guys please don't get mad at me for saying this. but, i don't know if it's 1/32 (i'd like it to be) but no matter what scale it comes in i will build it. it's beautiful.

later glen

i don't know if it's 1/32 (i'd like it to be) but no matter what scale it comes in i will build it.
It looks as though it's been confirmed to be 1/32 despite the prototype seeming to be 1/48:

http://www.cybermodeler.com/special/2010_acft_scale.shtml

Buccaneer family - 1/32 - Future release (look just below the huge list of 109 releases).

:BANGHEAD2: