Just right or overdone?

The Dude

just got done painting, weathering and decaling 3 1/32 scale hasegawa P-47's and a 1/32 Dragon 110. I think I may have overdone the postshading part- particularly the silver P-47's, what do you guys think? I've got thick skin so don't hold back, I can take it! :blink:

HPIM1043.jpg

HPIM1044.jpg

HPIM1045.jpg

HPIM1046.jpg

HPIM1047.jpg

HPIM1049.jpg

HPIM1048.jpg

some in progress shots of the p-47s FWIW

HPIM1036.jpg

HPIM1035.jpg

The fact that you have four built and painted just floors me. :blink:

Paint looks great!

Barry

Me... personaly I like them dirty....very dirty. But thats just me..........Harv :blink:

I concur!

Rocky

For building some nice A/C and saying u might have over done it.Let's say this.One can never build say three P-47's or Four P-51's or say 14 P-38's.Done that for sure and so on and so on as to one building in general.I know of one person who has built three vac F-100's and three B-25's and built JU-88 vacs.U'er in a club that doesn't like to build.But to collect what feels right.and u'er having fun doing it.Larry

Your post-shading technique looks just fine to me. I believe that early Lufwaffe aircraft would possibly display less fading but the US planes look just right.

Marvelous job all round.

Me... personaly I like them dirty....very dirty. But thats just me..........Harv :)

I completely agree....

The thing with weathering, even if done beyond what most "real" aircraft would have, is that it adds a sense of scale to the model and keeps it from looking like a toy. At least IMHO.....

Personally, I don't like to see clean aircraft, especially WWII types. I like to see them as though they have seen a bit of use and not straight out of the factory.

Regarding your's, I like the unclean look you have given them.

Chris

I very much like the look of all four. They look 'right' to my eye. That doesn't necesarily mean they look like the real thing would have/did, but your work does convey the feeling of well used machines. That is usually the best we can aspire to - getting the right 'look' that meets expectation as much as any sense of what is real-(istic).

Short version: they all look excellent.

Matt

Thanks for the comments guys! Glad everyone likes them. :) I was afraid that I had messd up the NMF jugs by overdoing it but it sounds like they are ok, I might add a lttle more to the fuselage though but not too much more. :rolleyes:

I like all of your kits!

...But how is it possible to build 4 1/32 kits simultaneously?

Bad day for me. That question will remain in my head...

Draken35 I've got a large work bench and lots of space (an entire room actually) to work on them while they rotate on and off the workspace, Kind of like a regular production line. :huh: