Zoukei Mura - AD-6 Skyraider Rebox

Jan_G

Seems like a rebox of the Z-M A-1H kit in the earlier GSB scheme and using the earlier AD- designation before the USAF/USN designations were unified.  Plenty of reiewes out there on the original boxing.  Expect this just has new decals and some of the earlier weapons.

At around $98 USD, not a bad price though that's the preorder price. Quite sure it'll be more later[after preorder expires]. I'm guessing the markings are for the period after Korea and before the change over to Grey over white as the AD-6 wasn't used in the Korean war. Might have to check this one out in the future.

34 minutes ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

as the AD-6 wasn't used in the Korean war. Might have to check this one out in the future.

Thats too bad, I was starting to get interested in a Korean War build.   Any idea how involved it would be to backdate this to a Korean War version?  All I can recall would be to modify the onboard pylons.   

19 minutes ago, John1 said:

Thats too bad, I was starting to get interested in a Korean War build.   Any idea how involved it would be to backdate this to a Korean War version?  All I can recall would be to modify the onboard pylons.   

Yeah, the -4 's pylons were different [ I wanna say shorter in length] no the belly armor , and I believe there was no anti-collision beacon on the tail . those are the things that stand out in my memory others will no doubt know more. It's workable from the kit I'm sure. As far as ordnance, since the aircraft is post Korean war and before the 1955/56 change over to the grey over white scheme , I'd say[ guess ] they'd use Korean war vintage weapons so that would check for a -4.

25 minutes ago, John1 said:

Depends on what plane.  Some Skyraiders had the extra armor on the fuselage and underneath, some did not.

13 minutes ago, jwest21 said:

Depends on what plane.  Some Skyraiders had the extra armor on the fuselage and underneath, some did not.

You sir are correct ! It seems as the belly armor was added late in the -4 production and retro fitted to the older -4s. That's why I like this forum so much knowledge on the loose!

31 minutes ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

You sir are correct ! It seems as the belly armor was added late in the -4 production and retro fitted to the older -4s. That's why I like this forum so much knowledge on the loose!

So just to be clear - if I mod the pylons and add some belly armor, I can build a -4 out this kit?

5 minutes ago, John1 said:

So just to be clear - if I mod the pylons and add some belly armor, I can build a -4 out this kit?

If it's just a rebox of their A-1H kit, the belly and side armor are already molded on.  The only 32nd kit I am aware of without the additional armor is the Trumpeter AD-4 Korean War boxing.  You will just have to make sure the bird you are doing was fitted with the side and belly armor.  

Edited by jwest21

4 minutes ago, Dennis7423 said:

It's a shame really, as the box art shows a lack of fuselage armor and shorter pylons. But the built up kit clearly shows the inverse.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

If it's a -6 then it should really have the belly armor .