USS Constitution - Revell

LSP_Ron

This kit has been sitting on my shelf for almost a decade now. I used to build wood ships but I haven't done a plastic one since I was a kid. Building this brings back memories of my dad building this kit back in the very early 70's. I remember once it was done complete with sails sitting on the TV, I also remember my mom openning the window on a breezy day......  a loud crunch was all that was left of my Dad's Connie. It sailed right off the TV and onto the floor! After that I used to play with the life boats in the tube!

This started the weekend with no paint at all. I've had a chance to spend most of my weekend in the hobby room laying some paint down on her.

PB100005_zps6e4a4e0a.jpg

PB100006_zps5fd2afc5.jpg

Our British friends will surely like this build as well.

Maybe one of them will build the HMS Guerriere :wicked:

I too have had this kit in my stash since 1991 having built the Museum edition back in the 1970's, never finishing it I might add.  I also have the USS United States in the same scale which is a bit rarer than Constitution.

Edited by TimC

Guest Peterpools

Ron

What a fantastic project and one terrific story behind it. Always had a soft spot for ship modeling but never did much with it. looking forward to following along with great interest and amazement.

Keep 'em coming

Peter :rolleyes:

Like you, this kit is bringing back childhood memories. I remember one completed and magnificent Constitution in the window of the local hobby shop in the early 70s. I walked this one on my way to and from the school. The shop was a a paradise for a kid like me, although it was guarded by the old Alsation owner "No, no, buying, not looking !" was his welcoming motto.

The kit was my first eBay purchase, still in the stash though ...

Hubert

Still plugging away and enjoying things so far. 32 cannons kept me busy for 2 nights. I am going to rig them just like the instructions tell you to which is 100% not even remotely accurate. I am building this retro as a complete out of box as per instructions build. I likely won't even seal the deck seams. These molds are so old that the parts are not the best shape to begin with so I don't see much point in going overboard. If I really wanted detail I could start one of my wooden Corel kits.

PB180001_zpse78b587a.jpg

PB190003_zps289b6e85.jpg

PB190005_zpsd9c36517.jpg

Very nice work on the Connie Ron,

Thought I would give you some inspiration and show you some pictures of a wood Connie built by a guy up in Whitehorse Yukon.

ConnyMarch3C_zpsfb678716.jpg[/url]

ConnyMarch3B_zpsa19a5f49.jpg[/url]

foremastdeadeyes_zps1f7b5f79.jpg[/url]

gundeckgeneral_zps3a03983f.jpg[/url]

Connyshroudsandstays_zps434d6a7c.jpg[/url]

Hope you like them

Rgards

Richard