USS Constitution - Revell

LSP_Ron

Beautiful. You can even display it without finishing the ratlines and basic yardarms and it still conveys that wonder that tall ships provide.

I did one of those plastic models as a youth, but like the vast majority of the guys here, it didn't survive my college days. I wish I had been smart enough to pick up the Constitution top with the figures that Meteor did right before it all imploded. That one would fit right in with our favorite scale because it was also 1/32.

Tnarg

Nifty. My son went to college at Suffolk in Boston and the last year lived just a few blocks from the Navy Yard where she fires off a cannon every day at 6. When the towed her out into the harbor under sail he sent me a photo. And, yes, we toured her, too.

Well it's all decked out! this has been a fun build so far. The deck seams are very noticable but I am going to leave them. I think puttying them would be a nightmare because they are so flexable it would crack etc.  Now it's time for the top side guns to go on

PB220001_zps4cff1354.jpg

PB220004_zpsa1b3117d.jpg

PB220003_zps41eb418a.jpg

PB220005_zps69249114.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Ron

Terrific progress on Old Ironsides. Enjoying following your progress and that's the point of the hobby: fun, enjoyment and relaxation.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Beautiful! A very clean and crisp build, an dvery motivating to get off my butt and work on mine. I intend to buidl mine as she looked in the War of 1812 or Tripolitan War, which weren both very different looks than today, or as the Revell kit shows her. My compliments, Sir!

Bob

I spent about a year building the revell kit back in the 90s at Ft Bragg. I don't think I could handle it now as my carple tunnel hands would not take tying the thousands of knots! I can't find a full ship pic though. Shame.

pix-152ship004.jpg

pix-152ship005.jpg

pix-152ship006.jpg

Colors and rigging were taken from the set of drawings offered by the Smithsonian. As you can see,the boats' colors are all different and were for the purpose of each boat,captains' launch,etc etc.

J