1/32 Me 262 A-1a/U4 Kanonenvogel Conversion

alaninaustria

Thanks gentlemen! Have managed a little scribbing - more to follow! Will be getting really busy starting tomorrow with work for the next weeks - hope to get this build up in primer and ready for final painting ASAP!!

Cheers

Alan

Thanks Pete! You are so correct - progress is progress!!

Well, another small update.... cockpit tub all cleaned up and Trumpeter mounting lugs all removed!

A few small simple scratch parts added - nothing too spectacular!

Cheers

Alan

IMG_5323_zpswkv6apsz.jpg

IMG_5325_zpsnxfigvil.jpg

IMG_5324_zpsbumgfls2.jpg

Edited by alaninaustria

Another boring update... panel lines rescribed, air scoops added, new fuel filling hatches scribed and antenae mount added as well new aileron trim linkages!! Small steps, but getting closer to getting this bird in primer!

IMG_5334_zpsmspxhc0w.jpg

IMG_5335_zps9evcm0ct.jpg

IMG_5337_zpsaaqhqiel.jpg

IMG_5340_zpsiuqwjubf.jpg

Next up is to finish the rudder trim linkages and the rear rudder will be replaced with clear plastic as the real machine had the early transparency over the rear position light!!

Edited by alaninaustria

Another small update from the bench - fooling around with the Archer printed resin rivet transfers!

IMG_5351_zpsullrlmus.jpg

In situ...

IMG_5353_zpspaykz3n7.jpg

With the wing closed up - some detail can still be seen! Am curious what these rivets will look like under a layer of primer?

IMG_5354_zpsclrvrf11.jpg

Cheers

Alan

Edited by alaninaustria

Looks good. I will steal some of your ideas on the tub for my A1a.

Are you planning to replace those control linkage rods? The kit parts looked awfully chunky to me. And those circular projections on the fuselage sides below the cockpit are really thin, so I just removed mine. Trumpeter moulded them like metal plates.

Thanks gentlemen - appreciate the feedback! Wegener, I'll prob be leaving the kit rods as is - they may be a little over scale but you really don't see very much of them once everything is closed up! Happy modelling gentlemen!

Cheers

Alan

Edited by alaninaustria