Soooo...... Moderators, any thoughts on the next group build?

dmthamade

And don't forget the A-1 Skyraider used by France in Algeria and then sold to some African nations (and flown by former French Air Force pilots). I think Berna decals made some colorful schemes for the skyraider.

David

Perhaps the impatient amongst our ranks can have their own little, individual group build?

We could ask others but all of my model building is my own "individual group build".  I am by myself with a bunch/group of model kits started on two benches and a table with dinosaurs on the book shelf.  But there are also Me, myself with the I plus my inner-child. The collective We are all at it at once.  My inner-child wants the dinosaur to be painted right now but the others keep putting it off.  Me wants the missile kit to be done, Myself wants to get back to the Ta-152 but I wins out this week with the new Revell Me-262B.  I says that the Me-262B will go to paint this week end.  My inner child likes to paint alot so he can endure postponing finishing the dinosaur.  Note that is all negotiated with drug free living style.

Rick

We could ask others but all of my model building is my own "individual group build".  I am by myself with a bunch/group of model kits started on two benches and a table with dinosaurs on the book shelf.  But there are also Me, myself with the I plus my inner-child. The collective We are all at it at once.  My inner-child wants the dinosaur to be painted right now but the others keep putting it off.  Me wants the missile kit to be done, Myself wants to get back to the Ta-152 but I wins out this week with the new Revell Me-262B.  I says that the Me-262B will go to paint this week end.  My inner child likes to paint alot so he can endure postponing finishing the dinosaur.  Note that is all negotiated with drug free living style.

Rick

Are you sure?

Cold war does sound good although I personally have inclination towards fabric and wood. The points that Kev made are indeed valid. Now on the cold war front, we are blessed with 626 different aircraft types apparently. Should fit everyone's available kits. Some exotic stuff too for the scratchbuilders!

http://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/cold-war-aircraft.asp

Karim

I like "Clear the Benches".

Cold War is a little too prescriptive - I don't model anything after WWII, and I'm probably not alone, whilst Clear the Benches offers a lot of breadth of possible topics.

Could see a sudden surge of HpH! I'd try and make progress with my Walrus build. What an utter PITA that's been....

I like "Clear the Benches".

Cold War is a little too prescriptive - I don't model anything after WWII, and I'm probably not alone, whilst Clear the Benches offers a lot of breadth of possible topics.

Could see a sudden surge of HpH! I'd try and make progress with my Walrus build. What an utter PITA that's been....

Oh definitely quite an amount of HpH kits i reckon. I worked for two days on the HpH macchi and i was very disappointed at the quality of the kit i had received. Might be what is called a "lemon" but i gave up (I usually never do) and just sent them a massive email with photographic proof of the short shot parts and the overall quality of a kit i paid considerably for. I doubt i am going to resurrect it though. If anyone has more patience let me know i might just mail it to you (i mean it. PM me), along with my own home-cast corrected struts (the ones I received had the strengthening rods half cast in the part and half cast outside of the struts amongst other bad surprises). Don't mean to complain or hijack the thread either... anyways! Edited by karimb

I guess it's difficult to get complete consensus, everyone has periods or events they prefer to add to their collection (or won't do). Cold War would cover a lot of ground, and could include the last of the Second World War aircraft in Korea or a divided Europe, all the way to Warsaw Pact MiG 29s. I would think most modern serving aircraft were introduced before 1989.

Many modellers also find aircraft with more than one wing unnatural, and rigging a mystery. :)  I'd be willing to try First World War, but as Kevin said it's been done a couple of times now. I have a Roden Siemens Schuckert D.III I'd like to try.

But, a "Clear the Benches" would maybe be a good chance for everyone to jump in with some interesting projects.

Decisions, decisions...I guess that's why the moderators get paid the big bucks...

Richard

Edited by R Palimaka

The local club here in Kingston did an interesting group build last year. They had a theme build called "Red".

Everyone was encouraged to build something for the next meeting that had red on it. They had some interesting interpretations...aircraft with Arctic Red wing panels, Soviet aircraft with flamboyant red markings and noses, Luftwaffe aircraft, an Italian warship with neutrality markings, civilian helicopters, cars and so on. I think everyone had fun deciding what to do. Of course we would limit it to aircraft but it leaves choices wide open as far as subjects are concerned.

Just another thought...

I'll stop now.

Edited by R Palimaka

Oh definitely quite an amount of HpH kits i reckon. I worked for two days on the HpH macchi and i was very disappointed at the quality of the kit i had received. Might be what is called a "lemon" but i gave up (I usually never do) and just sent them a massive email with photographic proof of the short shot parts and the overall quality of a kit i paid considerably for. I doubt i am going to resurrect it though. If anyone has more patience let me know i might just mail it to you (i mean it. PM me), along with my own home-cast corrected struts (the ones I received had the strengthening rods half cast in the part and half cast outside of the struts amongst other bad surprises). Don't mean to complain or hijack the thread either... anyways!

The Walrus kit was moulded OK, just tiresome in the extreme to build the bloody thing. Guesswork was paramount, the amount of sanding just ludicrous and why mould a piece in 1 part when you can do it in 6 and glue them all together?! Moulding stubs that you can't tell when it finishes & the kit piece starts. Alignment issues, wings being glued on with fingers crossed.

And that was a £165 kit, the most I'd ever paid until Wingnut Wings brought out the AEG & Felixstowe.