Revell Bae Hawk with special anniversary scheme

Zero77

Guest Peterpools

Just had to take a second long look and the Hawk is going to be a game breaker for sure. Can't wait for the build to hit the bench

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks Peter, but let's wait the end of the build.... As very often, i am still able to mess it all before the end line ! :)

I've just seen your great Sea Fury, and the highly gloss finish really appeals to me, especially as i want the Hawk to be gloss, too!

Salut

Wow !!!!! ambitious built!!!!! not the built itself , but , I think you will hold your breath when sliding on the decals ....But if I remember you have one of these " silhouette " machines ??? right ????

Alain 

Hi guys ! Thanks for the encouragement ! At the moment, i've just take a few parts out of the sprue and glued the intakes. Will certainly use the wall paint technique to have a nice and smooth white finish (but it would be tricky given the shape of the intakes...)

Salut

Wow !!!!! ambitious built!!!!! not the built itself , but , I think you will hold your breath when sliding on the decals ....But if I remember you have one of these " silhouette " machines ??? right ????

Alain 

Maybe i should have bought two sets in the case a drama happen ! :)

Yes i have a Silhouette, but it will be helpless for this scheme as it is almost impossible to paint it.

• 2 months later...

It's been a long time i havent posted on this WIP, but i've not gave up !

I just have many other builds at the same time. And i have to say that this one is not as easy as it looks. It must be pretty easy to build OOB, but with the CMK resin cockpit, things are not so easy. The fit is not so bad, but my fuselage is a bit deformed and i have to make it straight as i will certainly build it with the canopy closed. So the canopy fit must be as perfect as i can. So i have to make thousands of dry fit, sanding a bit here, adding some material there, and so on.... It's very time consuming. And the CMK instructions are sometimes totally nonsense.... (ie : a photoetch part with bezels that obviously go on the right part of the instruments panel is displayed going on the bottom of the console between the legs of the pilot.....)

20140915_234613_zps0e74ea01.jpg
20140915_234608_zps70687a7d.jpg
20140915_234556_zpsca53f787.jpg
20140915_234552_zpsa3952dcc.jpg
20140915_234547_zpsd58ace3c.jpg

The PE instrument panels in the CMK cockpit are very nice. The game is now to make the cockpit paint match the IP pre-painted color. I started with gunze H335 with a very small drop of tamiya XF-8 blue, and it worked fine. It looks pretty close to the real stuff cockpit color as well. Here are the 2 IP almost done :

20141203_002348_zpse3901b9b.jpg
20141203_002249_zps12600a71.jpg
20141203_002244_zps9acaeead.jpg
20141203_000558_zps06aac1ca.jpg
20141203_000537_zps1f267187.jpg