Hawker Hunter FGA.9 XG207, Revell 1:32nd scale

Greetings all,

An Easter holidays completion from me - Revell's 1/32nd scale Hawker Hunter FGA.9 more or less OOB, other than some aftermarket decals from AeroMaster and some home-made FOD guards. This kit is really under-rated in my humble opinion - it has lots of detail OOB and beautiful surface detailing from a time when Revell were at the top of their game. I had no issues whatsoever with the build - it's about as close as you can get to building Lego - and it went together in a few days. Paints were Xtracolur enamels with a splash of Humbrol Matt Cote to finish it off. Some light weathering was done with Mig pastels. 

All in all a very enjoyable build - and it only cost me a tenner under the table at a show!

All the best,

Tom

Hawker Hunter FGA.9, XG207, 58 Squadron, RAF Wittering, mid-1970s. 

DSC_0343

DSC_0337

DSC_0349

DSC_0346

DSC_0351

DSC_0336

DSC_0357

DSC_0348

DSC_0341

DSC_0365

Single seat Hunters are still the best looking of any military jets, imho. This one is gorgeous. Entirely agree with you about Revell's F9, Tom. It is a very good kit, but did you need to say you got it for peanuts?

Edited by Christa
Error

7 hours ago, MikeC said:

That's a beauty. Not battered and weathered either, which is as it should be, the Wittering Hunter wing was known for having the best-kept Hunters in the RAF during its brief existence. :goodjob:

Cheers, Mike - and yes, there’s no point in weathering something for the sake of it. I did a bit of research on 58 Sqn Hunters and they were indeed very clean. In fact most pictures of Hunters in this scheme are very clean so that’s how I did mine.