Academy F18D Hornet 1:32 "Night Attack"

Mel

Posted (edited)

today I have made a little progress with the decals, and I think the varnish has reacted with Mr Mark Setter, but well... tomorrow I will fix it by sanding a little, today I have made the preview of how the langing gear will look assembled, I have painted the decals and it is time to definitively finish the last details such as the radar cone, sand the side decal, and start with the flaps and the small details such as the antennas, sensors and the weaponry

Iud4OOi.jpeg

fh2LOY6.jpeg

mWhLtU8.jpeg

wqLontn.jpeg

0kwDkNz.jpeg

EsGiy7X.jpeg

xqacO4Z.jpeg

C60ZwBr.jpeg

2xH2wLQ.jpeg

KCYKR2y.jpeg

YsjG8ZX.jpeg

iEZst9g.jpeg

nJ6wVdq.jpeg

4CIc84o.jpeg

rVyj4Qf.jpeg

DdUt8w4.jpeg

cggGoxg.jpeg

GbIvdEy.jpeg

Edited by Mel

15 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

Good progress. Hopefully a sharp needle or knife blade will make short work of those bubbles in the decals. The landing gear looks really good!

Matt 

Thank you very much, today I was finishing the small details and I have solved the decals, now they touch the flaps, I am about to set them at 20 degrees, how would you set them? tips?

jXjfEtj.jpeg

xslQxrt.jpeg

I’ve set the flaps a couple different ways on the ones I built. The method that seem to work out the best was attaching the hinge to the flap itself with just a touch of thick CA glue. Then I positioned the whole flap on the wing that way, I kept the alignment correct while the glue set up. Then I applied extra thin cement to the hinge on the flap to permanently, adhere it. For me the times that I attach the hinge to the wing first, the flap never sat square against the hinge for whatever reason… Probably human error :rolleyes:

On 4/2/2024 at 3:44 AM, themongoose said:

I’ve set the flaps a couple different ways on the ones I built. The method that seem to work out the best was attaching the hinge to the flap itself with just a touch of thick CA glue. Then I positioned the whole flap on the wing that way, I kept the alignment correct while the glue set up. Then I applied extra thin cement to the hinge on the flap to permanently, adhere it. For me the times that I attach the hinge to the wing first, the flap never sat square against the hinge for whatever reason… Probably human error :rolleyes:

Thank you very much!!!, today I finished the flaps, in the end I put them in the full flaps position, I have glued the nozzles, but I have to sand a part because the loctite left me "lumps" when it dried, and again I have to retouch, I also touched up the radar cone, I leave you some small progress.

iAYPny3.jpeg

eAQV8rb.jpeg

Z9NU9A5.jpeg

3JWolMz.jpeg

yqtQufA.jpeg

OxnGsPI.jpeg

aTezzBl.jpeg

m5DtkYc.jpeg

VBWWMNo.jpeg

JSFlNVg.jpeg

PQxZVD1.jpeg

YXmO88R.jpeg