Hawker Typhoons in 1/32 scale?

mozart

Thanks Thierry,

and you are of course correct, but hey I have never shied away from a challenge. Until a good kit becomes availabe

I have to cobble something presentable together. With all due respect the MDC Typhoon is terrible. Uneven

fuselage halves, heavy warping of parts.

Well I'm afraid Cees was indeed unlucky as mine is also fully ok. It has perfectly adjusting fuselage halves. There is no warping except a slight one of the internal tubular structure and this is quite normal for such parts. Too bad he got a bad release as MDC generally have a good quality control. I have many kits and sets from them and very rarely had an issue.

Mine required some old style modelling skills, it must have been a Friday afternoon jobbie.

The finish on the resin was a bit scabby, the wings were warped, the fuselage halves were warped and there was air bubbles everywhere, mine did not have the lining up bit on the top of the nose and required some "persuading" to line up.

wRihRb.jpg

The wing to fuselage joint was also interesting.

xD2MHg.jpg

sfIEBT.jpg

And the air bubbles and thin and cracked fuselage.

Xevrnu.jpg

n6srOT.jpg

However all it took was a bit of old fashioned modelling to put right and the end result was to my mind spot on.

I once built two identical resin Yak 1b kits and they varied so much, it's seems to be just the luck of the draw

Z5haUV.jpg

Cheers

Dennis

Mine had some warping of the wings and fuselage halves

20200714-173027.jpg

But nothing a couple of hours and some very hot water couldn't sort out

20200715-162918.jpg

All part of the enjoyment and build process of a resin kit really. Need to get back to thos one but knee seep in Kotare Spitfire's at the moment.

Regards. Andy 

1 hour ago, jenshb said:

If anyone is interested, I am happy to sell my MDC kit. It is complete and includes the MCD late war rockets with 60kb warheads.  £100 plus postage (recorded delivery).  PM me if interested.

Blimey Jenshb, that's a steal!  I'm tempted myself and I don't even need one!  Hope somebody goes for it.

I've had a desire for a state-of-the-art 1:32 Typhoon for a very long while now, but I've pretty much given up any hope of it actually happening in my lifetime.