Zoukei Mura FW-190A-4 JG 54

Uncarina

16 minutes ago, Duncan Doenitz said:

I have managed to track down a kit in the UK as they are now extremely rare. At the start of the thread, there was mention of aftermarket cockpit detail, did you get it and if so, where can I find it ?

The build diary is fantastic and I will use this as a guide. I see OneManArmy have a 1:32 FW190 stencil set, I may give that a try.

Cheers

DD

Thank you Duncan! I have really enjoyed this build and am glad it has been useful. I purchased the ZM cockpit 3-D set, SWS 21 -M05. These sets tend to disappear fast so I would suggest looking right away. Here’s the ZM link: https://hobby.ec.volks.co.jp/item/4518992231914.html?__lang=en

To be honest however, you don’t really need the set to get a great looking cockpit. I used a 1ManArmy set on my most recent build and they are a gamechanger!

Cheers,  Tm

35 minutes ago, PEYSSON Gilles said:

Hi Tom

I agree with Denis ( Furie ) :

" Very nice construction Tom.
You’re doing a great job.
It’s a nice model but complicated.
Very complicated.
Too complicated. "

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Gilles

Thank you Gilles! It has been a fun build so far. Very fun. Too fun!

24 minutes ago, monthebiff said:

You've done a fine job getting all those cowls to fit so nicely Tom! This is going to look so good with your chosen scheme applied.

Regards. Andy 

Thank you Andy! That was definitely the trickiest part of the build so far. But now that it's done, and my Reisen build is complete, I can return to this Wurger!

Cheers,  Tom

• 2 weeks later...

At long last I've managed to rivet the airframe, using the Galaxy riveting tools recommended by John (Thunnus), with a 1.0mm and 1.5mm spacing. It's my first time using them and I really like them. I confess that I am not a big fan of recessed rivets, but I managed to accomplish this:

aTtTjOg.jpg

Here you see that the indentation actually creates a raised area that i can control by sanding back if necessary. I originally was going to attempt what I consider the most accurate method: using the Silhouette craft cutter to create rivet holes through which I would apply paint, creating a raised rivet. However, this is a big commitment in time. I will revisit this at some point but wanted to focus my limited time to finishing this build instead.

Fs4Fgnh.jpg

OLhPME8.jpg

N39tRiM.jpg

Paint soon!

Cheers, Tom

48 minutes ago, John Stambaugh said:

Superb job!

Thank you John! I actually enjoyed the process, but rediscovered that I get better results with using Tamiya tape as a guide vs. Dymo labeling tape.

Cheers,  Tom

Very nice work Tom, it reminds me of when I did the rivets on my 190.
When I first started using Galaxy Tools, I used Dymo guides to work with, but then I realized that I could do it just fine without anything at all.
Did you use Dymo/Tamiya guides for the whole plane, or just for certain areas?

6 hours ago, Furie said:

Very nice work Tom, it reminds me of when I did the rivets on my 190.
When I first started using Galaxy Tools, I used Dymo guides to work with, but then I realized that I could do it just fine without anything at all.
Did you use Dymo/Tamiya guides for the whole plane, or just for certain areas?

Thanks Denis! It was a combination of Tamiya tape (for the longer runs) and freehand.

Cheers,  Tom

5 hours ago, monthebiff said:

Very nice work Tom, I'm never sure about going down the riveting route mainly down to a time and skill level thing.  Your 190 is looking excellent!

Regards. Andy 

Andy, thank you! I always think the same thing about my riveting but once I start it just seems to take on a life of its own. For whatever it’s worth it does take some time but always sooner than I expected. This took about five hours.

Cheers,  Tom