1/24 Ju-87 d/g

Rob Colvin

Good eve all,

i have a few stuka questions.....

Were brass barrels for the twin mg and anti-tank guns ever produced?

We're any other parts produced- flame dampeners, wing cannons with flash suppressors ( D8 conversion)....New wheels/ reshaped undercarriage 

Will the red fox 3d printed parts for ju 87b- 2 (cockpit) work for for the d/g.....I'm guessing no.

Thanks all

10 hours ago, Mark P said:

1 inch? Geez, how bad is that! :BANGHEAD2:

Mark Proulx

Does seem to be a little much doesn't it . Oh well Trumpeter strikes again. I understand that there isn't much in the way of existing Stukas but, there is data on these aircraft, they aren't an unknown quantity. 

I am curious as to where the 1" measurement is based upon. Plans? 

I don't have a dog in this fight and I have no desire for a later 24th scale Stuka kit, just trying to figure out how the 1" number was derived? If comparison to the Airfix kit, who says it is correct?

Mark Proulx

Edited by Mark P

Well Ray this is the curse of modern design and manufacture of tooling using CAD/CAM. Trumpeter's team of designers got it wrong on the 1/32 Stuka but instead of correcting the data it was just upscaled to 1/24 and we have another product which is wrong. This is standard OP for Trumpeter/Hobby Boss as they've done the same thing with the Bf109s and Spitfires just to name a couple. No this is not a pet hate of mine.

TRF