Hawker Tempest , Revell Re-pop ..Roland Beamont - 11th Oct ..RFI Lotsa Pixs .

Panzerwomble

On 9/5/2023 at 11:47 AM, Loic said:

Hi !

welcome to the GB!

There can’t be too many Tempest.

Funny about your former project to turn a tempest into a typhoon... I made  the exact opposite thing a few years back :D

Yes I just had a look at that build , you are clearly insane even to have started ......let alone produced such a nice Tempest from all that work .

I baulked at putting the cockpit and undercarriage from this tempest in a typhoon , sure wouldn't be building my own thick Typhoon wings from the Tempest kit . Bravo Sir !!! 

16 hours ago, Loic said:

Hi,

cockpit looks great :thumbsup:

If you liked the Tempest project, you may want to have a look at the Kate thread in the aircraft carrier GB of the same period ;)

That's also insane in it's execution Loic ! :blink:

The hobby need such insanity though to inspire everyone else !

• Panzerwomble changed the title to Hawker Tempest , Revell Re-pop ..Roland Beaumont ; 23rd ...lets talk about fit .....

Ok I know is a re pop of a short run kit .

For me , maybe used to more modern tooling , it feels more like a 1980's Italeri or Academy kit in terms of engineering finesse . Yes the cockpit is very detailed , great .... the surface detail is not really stand out -if it were my predilection I'd probably rescribe for some better detail ...and the fit of the parts ....not ok . 

I've had to use CA and zipkicker to keep parts in play. 

The nose was slightly warped - got the halves to match and it's then 4mm too narrow , so put a stretcher in here to help . Side issues fixed it's now higher at the join as well . All of this is fixable none of it should be on a £50 model , and all of this is down to poor moulding or poor CAD. 

IMG-2908.jpg

IMG-2909.jpg

Wing fit ....wheel wells didn't fit easily ....need a lot of bodging to get the upper to sit still . This thing is fighting me all the way . 

Opted to fit lower wing to fuse first as the fit is really snug on mine and think I 'll get more presentable alignment doing the wing seperately in pieces rather than as one big "it fits or not" join .

Black CA again , filling , strengthening. 

IMG-2911.jpg

IMG-2912.jpg

It's now one big chunk ...I don't know if it's me or the model but just not enjoying this one at all . I'll finish it for the GB ...but if it weren't in the GB I'd be SODing .

To be fair, stuff I've filled and sanded doesn't look too bad .....it's more the fact I'm having to do it at all on a 5 year old tooled model  ....as you can see plenty more to do . 

I'm thinking now the old 1978 tool Revell Typhoon might not be so bad after all  . :blink:

Whine whine whine etc .....

IMG-1193.jpg

IMG-1192.jpg